Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Edit Highlight

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2119 Views, 7 Replies

Text Edit Highlight

When I try to edit text, annotation, through the view or properties window by highlighting the characters I want to replace and typing a new character nothing happens.  Is this how it is supposed to function?

Maybe I missed a setting or something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matthew

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Double click the text.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Double clicking only highlights 1 word at a time but that seems to work.  Maybe it has to do with draging past the end to highlight.  It only seems to be an issue when selecting text with the mouse.  Selecting / highlighting text with the keyboard works fine.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

It seems this might be windows functionality... ??  The Project browser also takes the focus away from the properties window.  I have the properties window to the left and adjacent to the project browser.  If I click a property to edit, then drag the mouse over the project browser the property I wanted to edit will lose focus.  This is almost always the case when in the 100 miles an hour drafting mode. 

Can anyone else re produce this?

Matthew

Message 5 of 8
David_W_Koch

@mattp3JL7Y wrote:

It seems this might be windows functionality... ??  The Project browser also takes the focus away from the properties window.  I have the properties window to the left and adjacent to the project browser.  If I click a property to edit, then drag the mouse over the project browser the property I wanted to edit will lose focus.  This is almost always the case when in the 100 miles an hour drafting mode. 

Can anyone else re produce this?

Matthew

Yes.  Moving the cursor off of the Properties palette will cause the focus to be lost.  So far as I can recall, it has always been that way.  At least it no longer scrolls back to the top of the properties list when you do so.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

How annoying. I don't want to type text in under my cursor. I want to see what I'm typing. I guess I'm just weird if I'm the only one whining about this.

Don't do that.

Thanks Dave.

Matthew
Message 7 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: David_W_Koch

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes.  Moving the cursor off of the Properties palette will cause the focus to be lost.  So far as I can recall, it has always been that way.  At least it no longer scrolls back to the top of the properties list when you do so.

Actually it was not ALWAYS that way. we changed the behavior to "auto apply" somewhere around 2011-2012? if memory serves, but of course my memory might not be what it used to be. Smiley Sad

There is an INI setting you can apply to disable that behavior. "DisableMPPAutoApply". You can learn more here about setting the flag to disable the behavior if you don't want it.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-30C62836-F3F1-4B78-B1AF-DB4E3FD79FDF

P.S. @Anonymous You are not the ONLY one who wanted it, that is why we made the INI switch.  Smiley Wink

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 8 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: loboarch

@loboarch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually it was not ALWAYS that way. we changed the behavior to "auto apply" somewhere around 2011-2012? if memory serves, but of course my memory might not be what it used to be. Smiley Sad

There is an INI setting you can apply to disable that behavior. "DisableMPPAutoApply". You can learn more here about setting the flag to disable the behavior if you don't want it.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-30C62836-F3F1-4B78-B1AF-DB4E3FD79FDF

P.S. @Anonymous You are not the ONLY one who wanted it, that is why we made the INI switch.  Smiley Wink

For the record, my recollection tends to be limited to the last two weeks.  😉  Thanks for the clarification.

@Anonymous:  I do not like typing under my cursor, either.  It took some time, but eventually I learned to move the cursor just a little bit, keeping it over some part of the Properties palette.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators