Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEW RANGE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
265 Views, 3 Replies

VIEW RANGE

So I'm trying to figure out why when I do an underlay in the foundation view I see nothing but roof. But if I don't have a roof I can see the first floor walls. Does anyone know what can do this and if so, how to fix it? I really need my underlay to work correctly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jboehning
in reply to: Anonymous

Which version of Revit are you using? The underlay parameters were changed in 2016 R2. The same basic concepts still apply though. Underlays do not have a view range with a cut plane like plan views do. It simply displays the elements in between the base and top levels of the underlay. It either looks down (Plan) or looks up (RCP).

I'm guesing that your Underlay Orientation is set to Look down (or Plan) and the top level of the underlay is above or cutting through the roof. You could adjust the base level of the underlay, or add another level below the roof. Then that could be the top level of the underlay.

I apologize if I've made too many assumptions.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jboehning

I have revit 2016. How do I change the underlay orientation?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

IN the properties window of the view there is underlay section... You can select level and under it you can select to look up or down

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report