Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT BOX CHANGES SIZE WHEN WORKING ON HOME COMPUTER

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
damienaendacott
365 Views, 2 Replies

TEXT BOX CHANGES SIZE WHEN WORKING ON HOME COMPUTER

So, working from home because of COVID-19 risk. I last worked on this Revit file at work and on a work computer. Everything appeared normal ie text was clear and not cut off. See first image. Then when I opened the file at home on my home computer the text boxes had changed size and I had to alter all text boxes individually on 80 odd drawings! See second image. Note the red DRAF should be DRAFT, window labels with the border cutting off the text, keynote legend changed etc. Driving me bonkers. A lot of tedious work to make it right. Anyone come across this and have a fix for it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hmunsell
in reply to: damienaendacott

long shot, but was the file recently upgraded from 2015 or 2016 to a newer version? this was an issue when upgrading 2016 or older formats to a newer version. had something to do with Autodesk updating the text algorithms to make the text sizes more accurate. hadn't seen it happen in the same versions jut different PC's. 

• check yo have the latest update on your PC?
  • check you have the latest video driver on your PC?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
damienaendacott
in reply to: hmunsell

OK. Thanks. I'll give it a go. Both were using 2020 but maybe there has been an update or something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators