Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stair path tagging linked model stairs

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1315 Views, 6 Replies

stair path tagging linked model stairs

Sometimes when I tag a stair (in a linked model) with a stair path, the path will 'propagate' to all views. Other stairs I need to tag in every view. Does anyone know what controls this behavior of stair paths?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Dependent views?  

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

Multistory stairs.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Yep that does seem to be the difference - the monolithic stairs tag automatically in every view while the multistory stairs will only tag one view at a time. I don't suppose you know of a way of getting the multistory stairs to behave like  monolithic stair with respect to stair path tagging?

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep that does seem to be the difference - the monolithic stairs tag automatically in every view while the multistory stairs will only tag one view at a time. I don't suppose you know of a way of getting the multistory stairs to behave like  monolithic stair with respect to stair path tagging?

I think you meant single-story stairs versus multi-story stairs.  Monolithic has nothing to do with how the tag behaves.

When you tag a multi-story stairs, the path appears for all the levels that the stairs connect to.  If you want to tag only one stair within a multi-story stairs, use TAB then tag.

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

OK gotcha. For me it was the other way around in that I had to tab around to find the 'stair' that would place tags in all views. If I just tagged the first thing that lit up (the stair run?) it would only tag the current view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report