Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tick Mark Line Weight

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3038 Views, 7 Replies

Tick Mark Line Weight

Hi,
I am trying to find a way to change the Tick Mark Line Weight using the text annotation followed by a leader line with a Leader Arrowhead but it does not seem to have that option. I notice it is possible to do so with any of the Dimension style options for example the Diameter Dimension Style. I am trying to get the text annotation's Arrowhead to match the Diameter Dimension Style's Arrowhead. Wondering if anyone would happen to know a way around this?

Thanks!

Lineweights DisplayedLineweights DisplayedNOLineweights DisplayedNOLineweights Displayed

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure what you are asking.  

Dimension vs. Annotation:

Arrowhead.png

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Sorry, I am not clear with this issue. I had posted the two images to compare how the lines differ when the 'Thin Lines' command is On/Off. But since you have the up there,

In the properties of the Diameter/Radial Dimension style, there is a Parameter called 'Tick Mark Line Weight' which in the image I had posted has a value of 6. (Metric)

I am trying to achieve a similar thickness/Value for the annotation with a Leader/Arrowhead (The Line below it) but it does not have that Tick Mark Line Weight parameter.

So what I am asking is, is there a way to add that Parameter? Just wondering if there may be a solution or a different way?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

you can control the line weights of the tick mark and the dimension line itself ,whether it is Diameter Dimension style or any other style by controlling the type properties as shown in the attachment.1.PNG2.PNG

Message 5 of 8
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

So what I am asking is, is there a way to add that Parameter? Just wondering if there may be a solution or a different way?

There's not a way to add the Parameter, but you could use a define a different arrow head to use for Annotations. For instance, you could create a second "15 degree Filled Arrow" to use for Annotations . That 15 degree Arrowhead would actually be 16 or 17 degrees -- or enough to closer match the Dimension's Arrowhead's look.   

Am I getting warmer?  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, but I am trying to do the same for a generic annotation with an added Leader/Arrowhead. I believe there is not a way to modify the tick mark line weight for them though. Seems like the parameter is only present in Dimension Styles.

Message 7 of 8
gsmith

I would also like the ability to modify the line weight of the arrrow head from the leader line so that the arrow head is more visible in the field of the details------>

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

In Revit 2020, I can't change the line weight of the tick mark if it's a diagonal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report