Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to duplicate same floor with all the elements on a new floor level.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1266 Views, 4 Replies

How to duplicate same floor with all the elements on a new floor level.

Hello, I am constructing a 23-floor office building on which the 7th floor is typical up to the 14th floor. Having the same set of walls doors and all other stuff. I hereby want to know how do I multiply that same typical floor up to the 14th floor. If someone does know please do the needful. This could save me time as well as efforts. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MostafaElashmawy
in reply to: Anonymous

I think I can help 😄
Select all the items that need to be copied then click on copy to clipboard (Ctrl+C) then click on the arrow below Paste and select aligned to selected level then select the desired level.

Annotation 2020-02-24 095204.png

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
PavelAnd

Even before copying, I advise you to select all the elements of a typical floor and combine them into a group. After that, if we need to change something on the typical floor, we will correct the elements in the group and the change will be displayed immediately in all groups.

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: MostafaElashmawy

Yes this could be the solution but there is even an alternate way that i have discovered. Creating that floor on new revit sheet and linking that file to the building model could really save the size as compared to copying each elements multiple times. This could save the time as well as processor efforts to run the project efficiently. Give a like if you agree!

Message 5 of 5
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

You could either work with Model Group (whole floor as one or by grouping by discipline) OR by Linked Model...or a mix of both...any of these methods would be suitable and can serve the same purpose; however, each method has its own workflow and certain particulars to be considered in a workshare environment.

7 floors isn't really big to gimp the model due to processing power requirements...you should be more concerned on how you manage the workflow … This is one discussion on Linked model vs model groups and there are many you could find on the subject discussing pros and cons https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/model-groups-vs-linked-models-2019/m-p/9271225#M269173

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators