Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair-Floor Joinery Problem??? Plz Help??

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2503 Views, 12 Replies

Stair-Floor Joinery Problem??? Plz Help??

Sir i wonder why does this Joinery Problem Comes During Stair-Floor Joinery. I Have Attached a JPEG file ... Kindly Look and Solve...
Thanks in Advance...
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

"...Kindly Look and Solve..."

Is there a beam there at the edge of the slab? How are things put together? You need to know. Some issues have more to do with construction detailing than with settings in a dialog box.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

There is no beam at the bottom of the slab, actually this is a regular major prob.... which comes with every stair-Floor joinery....
I dont know to How to Avoid it without using Linework...i mean parmetrically..
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

I think the much bigger issue is that your top riser at the problem area is much shorter than the rest of the risers on that flight of steps...

- Alex
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

no sir actually my point is the soffit line never merges to the floor bottom.. ??? Plz help me to Fix it ...and this is a continous problem wih every floor- Stair Join ..
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

can you post a sketch of what you are looking for? To me it looks like your
stair isn't drawn properly. The top riser height doesn't match the rest and
your floor extends into the top riser of the stair.

"avinash.agarwal" wrote in message news:6356636@discussion.autodesk.com...
no sir actually my point is the soffit line never merges to the floor
bottom.. ??? Plz help me to Fix it ...and this is a continous problem wih
every floor- Stair Join ..
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

yes sir those Stairs were not Drawn Properly, Incovienence regretted. The Soffit Line Doesn't Matches the Floor Bottom... i tried join-geometry it doesnt join. i provided the same material tried cut profile but still a line comes in middle of stair and floor... refer attchment 3...i can use linework but every it will a lot tedious job everytime i do it......is there a solution??? Kindly Help... ?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Soffit-Floor Join With Cut Profile..
Message 9 of 13
joaorcunha

It's a long known problem that Revit has, the stairs simply cannot be build joined with upper floor... Maybe it's because of US construction techniques, but in Spain we are suffering it since it's beginning. We also request Autodesk a long time ago to solve this issue, unfortunately without results yet... My workaround is to model the concrete piece between the stair and slab, manually... (sigh).
Crazy for BIM since 2007...
Message 10 of 13
Alfredo_Medina

As I said before, this condition usually needs a construction detail. But for the purpose of a rough better look in your sections, please see the image I am attaching, which shows a possible solution using the Cut profile tool.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 11 of 13
joaorcunha

Great tip, Alfredo, didn't know this workaround.

Thanks!
Crazy for BIM since 2007...
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

thanks that was really a good application of common sense alfredo which solve the prob..for printing purposes..

But Still to apply on all the Floor-stair joints will be time taking also it doesn't gives readymade section details....i got it autodesk doesn't solve the prob but we cant copy paste edit profile command ?? also we cant make this line invisible ??
any more Great Tips will be helpful...??
Message 13 of 13
Alfredo_Medina

There is yet another tip, which will allow you to copy the same solution to multiple floors, and get a perfect joint between the stairs and the slab.

Note: this solution is only safe while modeling for presentation purposes, not safe or doable when modeling for actual projects, because it affects the thickness of the concrete stairs and the thickness of the concrete slab, which are both structural issues.

However, if it is just for presentation, which seems to be what you are interested in, the solution is this: adjust the value of the stringer carriage height parameter in the stairs, and then the thickness of the slab's structure parameter, so that they match at the intersection; then make the joint an invisible line. For example: assume that you make the stringer carriage height 12 centimeters. Then, take a vertical measure at the joint to find out how thick the slab should be to match the stairs at the intersection (in this example it would be 14.15 cms.); then make that distance the new thickness of the slab. Then make the joint invisible with the linework tool.

Please see atttached image.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report