Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Frame for Heydar Aliyev Centre like structure

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
sgalloway1
1258 Views, 10 Replies

Space Frame for Heydar Aliyev Centre like structure

Hello,

As part of summer learning I'm trying to replicate a structure similar to the Heydar Aliyev Centre. As part of this, I have learnt how to do a space frame structure by using a curtain panel pattern family which works wonderfully, however it looks malformed. Despite numerous attempts at changing the number on the u and v grid it still malforms.

Furthermore, how would it be best to close the gap between the windows and the the structure so there isn't a hole. 

Would appreciate your help,

Sam.   

Labels (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: sgalloway1

Your Panel Family is not constrained -- or built -- properly.  Try flexing it. 

Panel.png

Message 3 of 11
barthbradley

Here's a fun looking one:

Panel 22.png

You know, it's all about hosting Ref. Points to Work Planes of other Ref. Points that "drive" the hosted Ref. Point. It's a symbiotic relationship you are striving for, and it's dependent on Parameters (mostly to control the RP's OFFSET from its Host). 

Message 4 of 11
ToanDN

I don't think a curtain panel pattern based will work here. Here is what I would do:
- Create a form for of the entire roof space frame
- Divide both the top and the bottom surfaces of the form and match the UV of the two divided surfaces
- Create an adaptive generic model with 8 adaptive points to form a space frame module, create a member though each pair of points to create the space frame model (or load in a shared 2-point adaptive family and host it to each pair of points)
- Load this module family to the conceptual mass and pick 8 points (4 from the top surface and 4 from the bottom surface) to place one module.
- Use Repeater tool to populate the one module to the entire mass form

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
barthbradley

See if this helps...

Message 6 of 11
barthbradley

Here's a revised file that includes the "roofing" portion on the panel.  It threw on error on loading, but Revit was able to correct it. I don't want to track it down right now. Maybe you can find the source.  Overall it looks good to me. You be the judge. 

Panel 33.png

Message 7 of 11
sgalloway1
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley 

This works wonderfully. Thanks very much for your help 🙂

Message 8 of 11
barthbradley

@sgalloway1 wrote:

@barthbradley 

This works wonderfully. Thanks very much for your help 🙂

Great! Is it worthy of a solution credit?  

Message 9 of 11
barthbradley

Hey @sgalloway1! If a Solution Credit is out of the question, then how about signing this "Certificate of Award" for me instead?  

Certificate of Award.png 

...oh! and date it too please.  

Message 10 of 11
sgalloway1
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley  would you rather me sign the certificate so you can put it in the what I'm sure is a huge collection? 

Message 11 of 11
barthbradley

Horse walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a beer. Bartender serves the horse and asks  "Why the long face, buddy?"

What do you think, Samuel?  Do you think I can give up my day job and make it as a comedian? Let me know.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators