Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloped Curtain Roof ON a Sloped Roof?!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
973 Views, 5 Replies

Sloped Curtain Roof ON a Sloped Roof?!

I am trying to recreate a case study house for my class and need to put this continuous skylight in the roof. I went ahead and voided where the sky light should be and then did roof by footprint and created the sloped glazing roof but it lays flat on the roof plane and doesnt angle with my pre existing roof. Or should I...? I dont even know what to try.. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to create a mass with the shape of the skylight and create roof (sloped glazing type) by face, or curtain system by face.

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

...or create your skylight as Roof-Based Generic Model Family with an Opening to cut through the project's roof. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Would you happen to know the click path to get me started?

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached Revit 2017 file.  I used a different approach

- Main roof with a vertical opening

- Sloped glazing roof with inverse vertical openings

- Walls with base attached to main roof and top attached to sloped glazing roof

- I didn't have time to figure out the mullions but you can use a model in place piece and array

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Oh my god, thank you so so so so much!! I spent 3 hours tonight trying to figure it out, trying everything I could.. I finally closed it and was so frustrated that I spent all that time and had nothing to show.. Your way in genius! I didnt even THINK to make little walls going on the roof.. or to do a vertical opening (Im very new to revit) I cannot express how thankful I am. Thank you for taking the time to do that.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report