Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set default phase

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
8514 Views, 4 Replies

Set default phase

Hi everyone. I would like to ask how do i set the default phase. Because everything what i create is set as a "new" and everytime i have to manually change it to "existing". I work with phases on renovation projects, so i use "new" phase as well, but first i draw existing object. So i would like to set an "existing" phase as a default.

Thanks guys.

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

At the beginning of your project you could just merge the new construction phase with the existing phase so there is only one within the project then all your views will default to phase existing. Certainly that is how I start most refurbishment projects. Almost everything i'm modeling for the first while is exiting so there is no need for the new construction phase at that point. Then beyond that point when you add new proposed phases the majority of you views will still default to existing. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5
Avaris.

You can set the default phase in your view settings. If that is set to existing all the elements you draw will be also in existing.

PS: It is quite common to have three drawing sets in this case: existing, demolished, new.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Avaris.

yeah @Avaris. is right you can set the phase per view in the view proprieties so what ever you draw will be on that particular phase. Just note this is only on a per view basis I've been caught out when jumping between different levels that haven't been set to the same phase, that's the reason i remove all other phases at the beginning then the phase will be set to existing globally rather than per view. the you can add proposed phases later. 

Message 5 of 5
HasaanRashad

Big brain, big gains!  I appreciate this point.  Revit can be finnicky.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report