Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of space name for COBie

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3897 Views, 12 Replies

Generation of space name for COBie

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem,

Even though I created room and name them I can't automaticly update the parmeter COBie.Space.Name. The other COBie parameter of the room are updated (COBie.Space.Category for exemple) but not the name of the space.

As you can see my parameter is set up to be name according to it's name and number.

My parameter are there.

2018-11-23 10_33_31-Autodesk Revit 2018 - [Floor Plan_ C_10 000_NIVEAU 1 - 150044_ARCH_Central_4].png

But when i update my Cobieparameter  the name of my space stay blank.
2018-11-23 10_34_54-Autodesk Revit 2018 - [Floor Plan_ C_10 000_NIVEAU 1 - 150044_ARCH_Central_4].png

The weirdest thing is the parameter COBie.Component.Space is updated and that parameter use the name of the space.2018-11-23 10_45_37-Autodesk Revit 2018 - [Floor Plan_ C_10 000_NIVEAU 1 - 150044_ARCH_Central_4].png

2018-11-23 10_45_37-Autodesk Revit 2018 - [Floor Plan_ C_10 000_NIVEAU 1 - 150044_ARCH_Central_4].png

If someone could light me up it would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Instance vs. Type Parameter?  

Message 3 of 13
PEB73

Did you manage to resolve this? I'm having similar probles myself with the COBie.Space.Name.

Message 4 of 13
Corsten.Au
in reply to: PEB73

Hi If you can , learn bit about

1. Shared Parameter

2. Instance parameter

3. Type parameter 

and also how to map a instance parameter of a Revit family to parameter of a project ...

without that hat understanding the solution might help you temporarily but again you might face similar issues...

cheers

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 5 of 13
PEB73

Examples of Space Name contradiction, the space list has ignored the field separator:

Space Names on the COBie Space TabSpace Names on the COBie Space TabComponent Space on COBie Component TabComponent Space on COBie Component Tab

The COBie.Space.Name column is blank in the Revit model itself but the COBie.Compeonent.Space is filled.

The following settings applied:

Parameter Map Space NameParameter Map Space NameParameter Map Component SpaceParameter Map Component SpaceSpace Name BuilderSpace Name Builder

Message 6 of 13
PEB73
in reply to: Corsten.Au

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the parameters, which have been set up by others as part of a template, and they are both are shared parameters set to Instance so I'm not sure if there is anything else that I can check to solve the problem.

I have not come across the issue of the missing field separator before that has only occurred since updating the BIM Interoperability Tools to version 7.0.6844.0 could be a conicidence of course.

If I change the Parameter Mapping for Space to the default the COBie.Space.Name not set error occurs and n/a is exported in the Spaces list.

I shall keep looking.

Message 7 of 13
PEB73

According to the software developers this is a known issue in version 7.0.6844.0 of the BIM Interoperability Tools.

Quote from email re COBie.Space.Name not updating in the model:

"...What you are experiencing is a known issue and will be corrected in the latest update that will be releasing very soon. Please either check back to our BUIM Interoperability website or your Autodesk Desktop APP (if you have it installed) for the update..." 24th Jan 2019 - CADD Care Certified Helpdesk Team.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Hi there, 

I am having the same problem. The room name is not being place on the COBie.space.name data. I dont know what is wrong. 

Is there any solution?

Tags (3)
Message 9 of 13
PEB73

This problem was supposed to have been sorted in the last update of the BIM Tools you need to update the add-in if you haven't already done so.

I have found an issue with the update related to parameter mapping. Rather than the COBie parameter, in this case Type.Category, being set by my own project parmeter specified in the parameter mapping part of the Setup the reverse is happening. The COBie.Type.Category from Type Setup is overwriting the project parameter. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it something I am doing wrong?

Message 10 of 13
nmarcelis

Creating a COBie spreadsheet is sometimes tricky. Did you follow these steps:?
1. project setup (parameter mapping)

2. selection proces

3. update proces

4. creation of speadsheet

The space name problem has been sorted since the latest update of BIM interoperabiltiy tools. The subcontractor creating this tool is very responsive when it comes to support.

Revit Certified Professional Architecture, Structure and MEP.
Message 11 of 13
zhongsi10707

For some reason, this worked. Thank you

Message 12 of 13
Lance-VDCOTech

Be careful when using the Update button under the COBie Extention. SpaceName.jpg

Message 13 of 13
Lance-VDCOTech

You are not supposed to use "/" characters in Space Names. Use "-" or "_" as a space separator per the COBie Guide.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report