Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round Up Calculated Total of Revit Schedule Cell

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
rvtquestions
26303 Views, 31 Replies

Round Up Calculated Total of Revit Schedule Cell

I need help rounding up the Calculated Total of a cell within a column of a Revit Schedule. As an example, I have a schedule with (4) parameters: "Count", "Value","Denom","Result". Count being the number of elements, Value being some value associated to the element, Denom being the Denominator Value is to be divided by, and Result being the Result. All columns shown in grey have the "Calculate Totals checked" and thus show the combined total for each type.

Schedule.png

For column "Result" it is a calculated value as a "Number" with a formula "Value/Denom" at a Field Format of 2 decimal places.

cv1.png

My issue is rounding up these values to the nearest whole number. I cannot simply change the "Result" calculated value to "roundup(Value/Denom)" as it would result incorrectly or even null

cv2.png

for example, the first row of Result of type count 5 is really the sum of (3/24 = 0.13) 5 times or 0.65.

if I used the roundup function it would result in, resulting in a total of 5.

The desired outcome being the next whole number of 0.65 = 1.

Any idea how to go about this? Thank you.

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"TYPE" referrers to the element type under the family, this is a scheduled field in the schedule.

Capture.JPG

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous

Thank you for replying. But I do not See Type in your Schedule. I am trying to apply your example to my chart, but without understanding what is referring to or what type of parameter it is and the value, I can not follow your steps.
Here is a screenshot of my case, hopefully you can give me a hand

jquipildor_0-1590177662763.png

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous

Could you send me the file so I could better understand the calculations you have done so far?

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous

Thank you for your help. I tried to apply your formula and it worked somehow, but not in all the results. Please let me know your findings.

Message 25 of 32
bill_gilliss
in reply to: rvtquestions

The standard programming technique for rounding a decimal value up to the next  integer is to add 0.5 to the value, then round off to the nearest integer.

0.1 + 0.5 = 0.6 rounded off = 1

0.9 + 0.5 = 1.4 rounded off = 1

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous

Ok, So I added your "parking reqd' calc" as a sorting category.(this is what allows you to use it in the result %.)

Capture 1.JPG

I then filtered your result % by that category.

Capture 2.JPG

and I believe that it works correctly now. Hope this helps

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous

It worked perfectly! wow, I couldn't have done it without your help

Message 28 of 32
gnarkill283

I've done this before in 2019 when I used floor plans now trying to do it in 2020 with area plans and I don't get "name" in the "by:" part of the "Result % calculated value just grand total. The schedule isn't rounding up. Appreciate any help thanks

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: gnarkill283

Are your sorting the schedule by Name?

Message 30 of 32
gnarkill283

That worked but now I noticed an area that's 1449.1 divided by 7 rounding to 208 instead of 207 when the area appears as 1449 in the schedule - can I force the area to be counted rounded up?

Message 31 of 32
biancaklucik

Hello! I believe the types are the categories you want the numbers to be sorted by.
Message 32 of 32
sllanaKCF82
in reply to: rvtquestions

in type put integer and thats it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators