Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate / Mirror Rooms Efficiently

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dbroad
541 Views, 4 Replies

Rotate / Mirror Rooms Efficiently

Is there a technique that can efficiently rotate or mirror a room. I don't need a copy.  When I do it, I have to rebuild the interior elevations and lose the ceiling and other items not visible in the current view.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SteveKStafford
in reply to: dbroad

Revit doesn't know or assume what belongs to the room. Unless someone has written a 3rd party application to attempt to do the task...you have to select everything that you know belongs to the room so the mirror command knows too and then un-check the Copy option so it will only mirror, not mirror/copy.

I'd probably focus on the model elements and then select and move the interior elevations separately.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 5
ToanDN

Group it to include all elements then move/rotate the group.  Save as another file, clean up and link it in.

Message 4 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks.  I did that.  The problems for me are that even when I include the interior elevation keys, the notes in those views get left behind in their old positions.  Sometimes dimensions are lost.  Sometimes ceilings aren't included because they aren't visible in the plan view. 

Thanks everyone. 

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 5
SteveKStafford

Yeah, it's not a simple task but still simpler than mirroring a room in real life 🙂

I'd move the elevations separately "into the new room location" the annotation usually tracks along with the elements but the view needs to move versus mirror. A combination of views need to be used to make sure everything you want to mirror is selected. That's one reason using a group (earlier suggestion by another) is useful. You can create a group temporarily, edit/add/edit/add elements until you're satisfied you got everything.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators