Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof edge profile flat roof

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1051 Views, 4 Replies

Roof edge profile flat roof

See the example attached (made in Formit, no Revit available atm)

In my model on the surrounding edge of that flat roof is a sill plate and the insulation on the flat roof is tapered. I was wondering how I can apply roofing material in my model to the inner blockwork layer of the wall and over the sill plate up to the outside edge of the brickwork on the outside of the wall and so that it follows the slope of the insulation?sketch_image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kimtaurus
in reply to: Anonymous

Add a layer at the inside of the blockwork wall. When joining with the roof the layer will follow the slope of the roof.

For the roofing on top of the blockwork wall: there are 2 option depending on how you wish to measure the materials of this roofing.

If you're measuring in length, use a wall sweep; if you need the surface, create either a floor or a roof with this material and thickness.

in reply to: Kimtaurus

that is already my solution indeed I think, thank you! To be sure; I have to split the inner blockwork and add that layer of material only to the top part of the wall that sticks out above the roof/floor, so replace the finish on the inside by that finish. Great! I will test that asap and then update this topic with the result!

Message 4 of 5
Kimtaurus

Splitting isn't necessary. You can just join roof and wall.

Just make sure the roof boundarie is drawn at the line between roofing and blockwork.

dak 2.JPGdak 1.JPG

If you want calculations from stuff joined like that it's not really reliable & axtra modeling work to fix stuff in your model.
I prefer not to apply roof sealing on top of that block and just add it into the 2D detail.

But that's just my conclusion on today. Need more experience to evaluate what's clear and usefull.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report