Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any section view captures all levels of the model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
magno.vinicius.silva
512 Views, 6 Replies

Any section view captures all levels of the model

Hello.

I'm currently working on a Revit 2020 model of a 20 stories building (a pre-requisite of the owner is a single model for every discipline). Thats a big model and when using a section view I got some performance issues during the placement of the section line.

After opening the recently created section view the whole building appears on the window and not only the level i'm currently working on. Based on that, my question is:

Is there any way to setup the section view in order to only draw a small window related to the level i'm currently working on?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You could create and assign Scope Boxes to Views, but it seems that it would be easier to just resize the crop by dragging the shape handles. 

Message 3 of 7

Yep, Revit does that..... it can be frustrating especially on a large building like your working on. You can adjust the Far Clip Boundary of the section, but the height will often default to the extents of the model.  as @barthbradley said, you can use a Scope box per level or just place the section and adjust the crop boundary. once the section view is saved, it should always open cropped. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

You can use Detail section. It will cut very small portion of the section and then you can swap the section for other section type.

detail view.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 7

Use View Template

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler
Message 6 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: Mohamed-Nassar

@Mohamed-Nassar wrote:

Use View Template

And how would you use a view template to control the upper and lower extents of the section?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 7

Please explain it’s new to me.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report