Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to Autocad Default Paper Space

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JordanBillingsley
1437 Views, 5 Replies

Revit to Autocad Default Paper Space

Posted to AutoCAD Forum - If there is a solution I believe it lies in CAD Land thought the Revit pool of expertise might have a solution:

Problem -

Client CAD standards specify that paper space be set to correct paper size for plotting and that the plotter is set to "none"

Seems reasonable to me but it doesn't seem that Revit's export options allow for this setting...

I am unsure how to set AutoCAD's default but did put forth a good hour of effort searching for the solution.

Thank you for your thoughts! This is a large set so manually changing these settings through ACAD page manager would be significant

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: JordanBillingsley

- Create a dwt file with the pageseup that you need (correct paper size and "None" printer).  Name it REVIT.dwt.  Save it in a folder that AutoCAD can find (if you don't know this then let me know).

- In the dwt, create a pagesetup like you did in your screencast.  Name it 3042None.  Save the file.

- Create LISP file with notepad, copy paste the code below in.  Save it similar to step 1.

- Open you DWG.  Appload 3042.lsp and type in: 3042 at the command prompt.  It will import the 3042None pagesetup to the DWG.

- You can write a script to do it for multiple files. But I have forgotten how to do it so you have to ask someone else over AutoCAD forums.

This basically streamlines the process of importing a pagesetup from a template to a drawing.  It is a little quicker than doing it via the Page Setup Manager.  One thing that this cannot do is set the pagesetup as current.

To be honest, your client requirement is utterly ridiculous.  With Publish (formerly known as Batch Plot) and Sheet Set Manager, assign a pagesetup to every drawing is entirely unnecessary.

LISP code:

(defun C:3042 ()
(setq olecho (getvar "cmdecho"))
(setvar "cmdecho" 0)
(setq expert (getvar "EXPERT"))(setvar "EXPERT" 2)
(vl-load-com)
(vlax-for page_set (vla-get-plotconfigurations (vla-get-activedocument
(vlax-get-acad-object)))
(vla-delete page_set))
(command "-PSETUPIN" "REVIT.dwt" "3042None")
(setvar "EXPERT" expert)
(setvar "cmdecho" olecho)
(princ)
)

Message 3 of 6
JordanBillingsley
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks!

Might be pushing my luck here but the client also wants to have all xref bound. Similar problem since all of the exported sheets have views as xref... Again, don't see any option in Revit export dialog.

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: JordanBillingsley

This one can be set when you export from Revit.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

thanks for the lisp, but do you think it is possible to also make it current as page setup.

after running the lisp i need to manually assign it by default

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the lisp, but do you think it is possible to also make it current as page setup.

after running the lisp i need to manually assign it by default

No.  But you can ask the LISP question over at AutoCAD forums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators