Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit To 3DS Max. Bad Geometry

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1172 Views, 4 Replies

Revit To 3DS Max. Bad Geometry

Hey all.

So i'm currently exporting a set of doors from Revit into 3DS Max. No matter what method i use to do this, either with linked FBX, exporting as DWG instead etc. etc. the door geometry always comes in and looks like its been chewed on by a child!

Smoothing groups are enabled, and set to the highest settings just to make sure, but nothing works.

This is the same in a variety of curved objects that come over from Revit. If anyone has experience in dealing with this and managed to solve the problem, would it be possible to share the knowledge as it is driving me mad!Door Handle.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you tell little bit more. What version of Revit & 3ds max are you using?

Can you upload the relevant part of your project so that we can give it a try?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
aRcHiTeCt.JM

.... are you exporting the RVT as FBX ?

revit.JPG

... there is nothing wrong...

... as @L.Maas said which are your REVIT and 3dsmax versions ?

3dsmax.JPG

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: aRcHiTeCt.JM

Yes, I'm bringing in a FBX from Revit to Max. The Revit file is 2017 and max a 2018, however i've also upgraded to 2018 revit with the model and it still dosent work.

If i only bring in a small section like yours, then i do get results, but ours is a big model (Think city block size) and at that scale it breaks.

Annoyingly i wouldn't be able to upload any of the model to here due to the nature of what it is.

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

@Anonymous - how far off the origin are your objects?  On actual site coordinates?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report