Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Sun Path Different Across Views

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
omcsweeney
630 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Sun Path Different Across Views

Has anyone ever had a problem where the sun path is correct in a plan view but not in a 3D view? I was modelling a home and when I was verifying the suns position I could not get the 3D view correct. It is for an extension so need to make sure the neighbors aren't losing too much light. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RDAOU
in reply to: omcsweeney

@omcsweeney 

When you enable sun path you are given 2 OPTIONS with a quite informative description...which are you using?

1. All views to project location? in such case sun path in all views should match
  2. Relative to View?...well not much about that can be said path would be relative to view settings!

RDAOU_0-1629901280970.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 8
omcsweeney
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks for Replying! 

I am using the top one, Specified location etc. 

Message 4 of 8
RDAOU

@omcsweeney 

If they are not aligned means they have been set per view, based on the sun settings you defined in each (as per image below..

RDAOU_0-1629902179479.png

To get them to match...you can use a view template ... with only Lighting Checked. Set the sun to the location you want and then apply to all view...after the views are aligned, remove the view template SEE GIF BELOW

• Alternatively you can use dynamo to align just the sun path in all views (use package Ladybug and Genius Loci)

Sun Settings.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

@omcsweeney wrote:

Has anyone ever had a problem where the sun path is correct in a plan view but not in a 3D view? I was modelling a home and when I was verifying the suns position I could not get the 3D view correct. It is for an extension so need to make sure the neighbors aren't losing too much light. 

Have you checked the box below?

ToanDN_0-1629912805801.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
omcsweeney
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes that is checked. I will dig deeper and see what could be causing this! Thank you for your response. 

Message 7 of 8
omcsweeney
in reply to: RDAOU

I will try that and dig deeper and see what could be causing this! Thank you for your response. 

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN

@omcsweeney wrote:

Yes that is checked. I will dig deeper and see what could be causing this! Thank you for your response. 

Maybe share some pictures showing how they are different.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators