Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Schedule Count with variable. HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stang
191 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Schedule Count with variable. HELP!

I have a apartment housing schedule that already adds up number of unit type with grand total.

I want to a different total in the same chart that shows the number of BF units.

I've set up a BF yes/no parameter, I tried to to do a calculated total, if(BF, Count, 0), but Revit refused to let me use Count for the calculation. 

Can anyone think of something else that would work?

stang_0-1658863128241.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: stang

You cannot use Count.  Add a Calculated value integer parameter, name it Qty, then use the formula: if (BF, 1, 0)

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

Why don't you just create a BF Parameter (Yes-No type) and assign it to the Category, and set the BF statuses in the Schedule.  You can use Filtering rules to isolate a bunch of Rooms, uncheck Itemize every Instance, and change the BF Status of all of them in one fell swoop.  When you are all done setting the BF Statuses, then Sort/Group and Subtotal by BF.  There's only two BF conditions.  Yes and No.  

...if BF is already checked, then just Sort/Group and Subtotal by BF.  If you want the Schedule to just show "Yes" or "No" BFs, then Filter one out of the Schedule via a Filter rule.  

Message 4 of 5
stang
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks this works. I tried it before but set it to number instead of integer. and the result was literally 1 and 0. Now I really understand what Revit mean by number and integer...
Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

I don't understand the gymnastics.  Why do you need the calculated parameter at all?  It seems unnecessarily redundant.  You can do what you want through Sorting/Grouping (maybe Filtering too, if you do not want to show non-BF Rooms in the Schedule) and Calculate Totals for Count. 

Room BF 2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report