Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit keeps adding weight lines even though i desable them

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rogerfast1
388 Views, 3 Replies

Revit keeps adding weight lines even though i desable them

Hi, ive been working on a project and now that i want to export it to pdf. But the thing is that when i try to export it, the lines keeps their original line weight even though i disable them from the start. As you can see in the pictures, on the first try i have the line weight activated and the exported product is as it should be. But on the other pictures, you can see i disable the line  weight but even though , it is still been  exported with line weight activated.

I thought it was something to do with the template im using, but then i used the default template and the problem persist. Also i upgraded revit ( from 2021 to 2022) and  the problem still continues.  

Also I edited the visibility graphics to one, but the export file still continues with the line weight activated

what can i do ?line weight activated.jpgline weight desable.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: rogerfast1

Thun line tool inly for displaying on screen. If you want to export as
thin lines, you need to go to VG and override line weights via categories
or filters.
Message 3 of 4
barthbradley

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU

@rogerfast1 

1. Create a View Template from View (required to reset your view after print)
  2. Create a View Template and Half Tone Everything in it 
  3. Apply the Print ALL THIN LINES view template you created in step 2 to the view
  4. PRINT/EXPORT to PDF and (Check the box in print settings REPLACE HALF TONE WITH THIN LINES)

Export all thin lines.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators