Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit family doors, void cut external wall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
krzysiek_liberda
608 Views, 4 Replies

Revit family doors, void cut external wall

Hi everyone,

I have a question, maybe someone knows why, when I create voids in a door family, they don't work as intended?
I want to use them to cut through external walls, but for some reason, the voids don't cut through the wall.

krzysiek_liberda_0-1683284226500.png

in familyi have set to cut voids when loaded but in revit project i have like this:

krzysiek_liberda_1-1683284248737.png

I want to do cut like this (in window family it some how works):

krzysiek_liberda_2-1683284307768.png

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

-Join the Walls with Join Geometry

-or, create an UNATTACHED Void Extrusion in the Family that is the size of the opening, check "Cuts with Voids when loaded", reload Door into Project and use Cut Geometry tool to cut the Wall with the Void.  

Void in Family 55.png

Message 3 of 5

Are these two separate walls, or is it one wall that you are trying to have the opening widen on one side?

Message 4 of 5

Post the family so we can see what's going on and fix it.  

Message 5 of 5

Hi! I've just figured this out and wanted to add; if you need a void extrusion to make any reveals in the exterior or interior sides of the host wall in the family editor, you will then need an additional uncut void extrusion to be used in cutting any secondary walls which you're intending to cut in your model.

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report