Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2019 is slow in perspective view when panning

46 REPLIES 46
SOLVED
Message 1 of 47
guillermo4JEUL
9329 Views, 46 Replies

Revit 2019 is slow in perspective view when panning

Hello everyone, what could be the reason that the pan is so slow and sometime does not even move the view in perspective mode, It gets practically unusable.

Is there something I can do about it? 

This happens to me with any project regardless if is big or small and we have high end computers with pretty good specs.

Thanks, I hope there is a solution for this!

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
46 REPLIES 46
Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
in reply to: guillermo4JEUL

What do you consider "pretty good" computer specs?

Usually a sign of slowness in a 3D view is bad video card drivers or an old video card.  Is it just one window or all windows?  Does it improve some if you disable hardware acceleration in Revit's graphic options?

Message 3 of 47
guillermo4JEUL
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, this is happening in the 3 computers with Revit in the office, the specs of my computer are:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2660 @ 2.20GHz 

RAM: 32GB

Graphic Card: Nvidia Quadro 600

Everything with latest drivers updates. 

And the others computers has similar specs (Not exactly the same but around that level)

I tried turning off the hardware acceleration, but it didn't change anything. Also this is happening in every uncropped perspective view. Actually in order to get the Pan to work for some time, I crop and then uncrop the view again.

Thanks for your assistance.

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 4 of 47
Anonymous

Quadro 600's are good for CAD, but not for Revit.  Not only that they are very outdated.  I was using Quadro 2000's back with Revit 8 which was a step up from the 600.

Grab a Quadro K2000 or higher or a GTX 900/1000 series and you will see a lot better results. 

As for your CPU...it's over 6 years old...usually systems last 3-4 years to keep up with tech. 

So really your workstation is overdue for an upgrade.

Message 5 of 47
Corsten.Au

views.JPG

Hi, 

The problem you are facing is very common, and its not a problem in a sense but the

computer performance in different View modes.. its just logical what task you are giving to 

computer to process...

Fastest : Wire Frame

Faster : Hidden Line

Fast :Shaded

Ok Speed :Consistent Colour

Super Slow :Realistic

Almost Impossible to Pan : Ray Trace

Trick is, never keep a view on ray trace, or realistic, keep it on shaded or hidden mode..

fix the view angle, pan etc.. and if required, then change the view to Realistic etc..

but never ever pan in those Realistic or ray trace mode..

Cheers !

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 6 of 47
guillermo4JEUL

Ok, thank you for the advice, I understand something about the differences about graphic cards technology, so it could make sense that the GTX are better for Revit in specific, I will make notice of that to the IT guy.

The funny thing is that all others 3D software move fluently (Except Lumion)  I'm only experiencing this problem with Revit and only in the perspective without crop view.

Also I made the test in another of the computers with a Quadro K4000 and got the same result.

Here I add a small video so you see what is happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2f6zrmluimpkvr5/Revit%20Pan.mp4?dl=0

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 7 of 47
guillermo4JEUL
in reply to: Corsten.Au

Hi, thanks, that is what I have to do when panning, I go to wireframe mode to get some more speed in the pan, but imagine having a client that you are presenting a project, and going from wireframe to at least hidden line every time you want to pan around. It's really annoing. Anyways I thanks Autodesk that they implemented the uncropped 3D views already, because it was even worse showing clients a project in Isometric. Smiley LOL

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 8 of 47
Viveka_CD

Hi @guillermo4JEUL

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues. 

Do you have multiple monitors? 

Can you confirm if your machine meets the requirements for Revit 2019

Looking forward to your reply update.

Regards,

Message 9 of 47
guillermo4JEUL
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi Viveka, Yes I have dual monitors, but only me, other 2 guys where we see the same issue they don't have. 

As far as I see the computers here meets the requirements for Revit 2019, but here I give you an image with my computer specs so you can see and tell me if I'm wrong in something that I might not see. I already now about the Graphics card, but like I said before one of our computers have a Quadro K4000 and have the same issue, and as you can see in the video, i'ts not a big project and the families used there are simple, the file is actually 86MB.

Thanks for your help! Some times one can look like angry writing here, but it's just that sometimes is frustrating and stressful dealing with small issues like this one. But I appreciate your help! Thanks again.

pic.JPG

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 10 of 47
Anonymous

Can't access dropbox... our office got ransom wared accessing someone's dropbox...So it is blocked.

Can you do a screencast instead?  It is free... (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast)

When you open Revit and open up Options then Graphics, what card does it say you are using?

Also...if you have NView running in your taskbar, try updating your graphics card driver and do a clean installation and do not check nview.  Revit in the past had issues with that.

Message 11 of 47
guillermo4JEUL

In the Options> Hardware is says that I'm using the Quadro 600.

Thanks for the screencast, I'll use it and make the video, but it might probably be tomorrow, as I got busy right now.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 12 of 47
Viveka_CD

Hi @guillermo4JEUL

I understand your situation and how stressful this can be. Smiley SadI've been there.

Can you try the below for me and let me know if this helps with your issue?

1. Disable the second monitor
  2. Set the resolution of the monitor to 100%DPI

Another thing to check is that is your Project Browser or Properties Pallete undocked from the main Revit Window?

Regards,

Message 13 of 47
guillermo4JEUL

Here is the Video of what is happening, as you will seethe orbit is very fluid, it's only the pan the problem and in perspective with uncropped view. I notice that when I crop the view and do some pan with the wheel and then go back to uncropped view, I have some time with a fluid time but after a while it get stuck again.

Thanks for your help.

https://autode.sk/2lDG5YP

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 14 of 47
guillermo4JEUL

Hi, Viveka:

My Project Browser and Properties are docked, the DPI is 100% and I disable the 2nd Monitor and had the same result.

Thank you!

In the mean time while this get solved I will do the technique of croping and uncroping the view. I spoke to the IT guy so we might try another graphic card, a GTX, we'll see, if we got something we'll let you know.

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 15 of 47
Anonymous

To tell you the truth....I never use PAN except in Plan views.  3D orbit and Zoom only.

I opened the largest project I have, about 220mb combined of a site, canopy and office building.  Runs like a champ in the perspective view even in realistic....  but pan is terrible.   So yeah, your right.  

Suggestion....Don't use Pan in 3D Perspective views....slide the window slider instead.... WAY FASTER!!!   :beer:

Message 16 of 47
guillermo4JEUL

Smiley LOL Thanks for the advice, yes let use what works in the mean time!  I just was hopping that maybe there was a setting or something that will solve this, It's just refreshing exploring the project in perspective!

Well this is new in Revit anyway, let just hope that this was something that they miss to fix and that they are going to fix this in a next update!

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 17 of 47
Anonymous

Yeah, I have a GTX 1080ti... and my site file I had open was about 10 acres.

Pan does work though when I zoom in though, such as a room view, but when showing the entire site it hesitates.

Message 18 of 47
Viveka_CD

@guillermo4JEUL wrote:

Hi, Viveka:

My Project Browser and Properties are docked, the DPI is 100% and I disable the 2nd Monitor and had the same result.

Thank you!

In the mean time while this get solved I will do the technique of croping and uncroping the view. I spoke to the IT guy so we might try another graphic card, a GTX, we'll see, if we got something we'll let you know.

Hi there @guillermo4JEUL

Thanks for the response and the screen-cast you've shared earlier.

What is the project size? Do you have a bunch of lights/ detail families in the views?

If there is a complex geometry, can you try hiding them in the view and see if the error persists?

Another thing on the top of my head is that - can you confirm if you have the latest updates installed for Revit 2019?

if you still continue to have this issue, then send me your journal, and revit model with diagnostic files. I can share a private folder with you to upload. Let me know if you'd prefer that. We would love to test this further for a resolution.

Regards,

Message 19 of 47
Viveka_CD

Hi @guillermo4JEUL

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?

Let us know if you need more assistance and if you have additional questions.

I can investigate further if you can share the files to test.

Please mark any posts that help with "Accept as Solution" and thanks! 

Regards,

Message 20 of 47
Viveka_CD

@guillermo4JEUL

I'm closing this thread with a few recommended solutions in the articles below:

1.Realistic 3D view slow to Zoom and Pan

2.Revit Slow views

3.Revit - Slow when panning and zooming in the default 3D view when set to realistic

If you need to continue the conversation and have additional questions please let me know.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators