Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2019.2 update doesn't work

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
rusand
8952 Views, 39 Replies

Revit 2019.2 update doesn't work

Hello, I've installed Revit 2019.2 update on two computers. On first computer update working ok, but on second computer it was successfully instaled, but when I open project in Revit on the top of window doesn't write 2019.2. Also new functions don't work (schedule zoom,...). What could be wrong?

Martin

39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40

I would think they are .... 

You might then have to hold off on the installation of it ... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 22 of 40
huotger
in reply to: RevitJediMaster

Hello,

We do apologize for any frustration you are experiencing with updating Revit 2019.  Within your environment, do you have the scenario where the Revit 2019.0.2 Hotfix was attempted to be installed on Revit 2019 with Revit 2019.1 Update applied?  If not, you should be able to install the Revit 2019.2 Update directly at this time.

Gerry Huot

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 23 of 40
RevitJediMaster
in reply to: huotger

I believe that to be the case for most of our users.  Only one user that I know of was able to get the update to install correctly.  His machine was recently built and, most likely, had the patches applied in the correct order that allowed the install to complete successfully.

Message 24 of 40
yvoheinen

I Agree with you Jakek, this isn't even a solution for 5 users.  Completely Uninstalling and Re-installing just takes up to much time, for just a "simple" Revit update.

I hope there will be a viable solution, which does not require a complete uninstall and Re-install.

@RevitJediMaster wrote:

Pardon my frustrated tone, but this issue is not "solved."  Uninstalling Revit and re-installing to apply a point update is not a viable solution for 45 users.  I could see it, maybe, for 1-5 users.  But it takes considerable time and effort to do that for an office of even 10 users.  The added features are not worth the investment.

Is Autodesk working on a different solution?  Or do they consider this a done deal and we'll just need to wait for Revit 2020 to get the new features?

Message 25 of 40

Hi Tony, 

Has a better solution for installing the 2019.2 update for Revit been found? I find that most solutions given from Autodesk, is to reinstall Revit. This is not a solution.

The first day that the update was released, I did a few test installs and noticed that the build number didn't change to reflect the update. This is simple testing that should be done before a patch is pushed out.

I've tried uninstalling all patches and installing the latest patch. No luck with that. A full uninstall of Revit 2019 along with the patches, address the issue. This isn't a viable solution for me, as we have 40+ pc's within the office.

Message 26 of 40

Thank you , this worked for me.

Message 27 of 40
rbakshX4C2V
in reply to: yvoheinen

I agree with you guys, we need a solid solution that isn't time consuming and works 100%. Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't a solution, its a band-aid.

This same issue happened before. If you installed Revit 2019 0.2 before Revit 2019.1, it would not take the 2019.1 update. We were then told this will be corrected when 2019.2 is released. 2019.2 has issues of its own when trying to install. 

Where are the Autodesk employees that should be looking into this issue?!?! 

Message 28 of 40
adiaz
in reply to: rbakshX4C2V

See if my solution on this post fixes your installation issue.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/announcement-revit-2019-2-and-revit-lt-2019-...

Regards,

Alex Diaz
Message 29 of 40
rbakshX4C2V
in reply to: adiaz

Hi adiaz,

I have already done what you did, just a different way. I also tried your way in that solution, no luck. As the updates 0.2 and 1 don't *Fully* uninstall. I need another working solution.

Untitled.png

Message 30 of 40
RevitJediMaster

@adiaz 

I tried both and get the warning box, "The patch is not applied to this product."

Message 31 of 40

Hey  jakek,

Thats because it cannot fully uninstall the older packages. Try to install update 2019.2. It will "install" but when you go into Revit 2019, it will be build Revit 2019.1

Message 32 of 40

@rbakshX4C2V wrote:

Hey  jakek,

Thats because it cannot fully uninstall the older packages. Try to install update 2019.2. It will "install" but when you go into Revit 2019, it will be build Revit 2019.1

Yes.  I've tried to install 2019.2 from an .exe and all it does is install Dynamo Core 1.3.4 (not sure when that was uninstalled...).  Revit still shows v. 2019.1 and none of the new features work.

Message 33 of 40

jakek ,Tell me about it. If you want the issue fixed, you must reinstall Revit completely. It does not look like Autodesk is looking into this Very Well Known issue. Seems to me that they want us to do all the trial and error to find the fix.

Message 34 of 40
adiaz

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Maybe I got lucky. My Revit installations show 2019.2Revit 2019.2_2.jpg

Unfortunately we all are alone trying to find a decent workaround/solution to Autodesk poor QA/QC before releasing a patch/sp. You may not have other option to either wait for a better solution from Autodesk or follow their current "solution" to completely uninstall Revit 2019, re-install and apply the patch.

I feel your pain

Regards,

Alex Diaz
Message 35 of 40
Tony_Michniewicz

Using Alex's suggestion, I was able to revert Revit to its original version and then I was able to successfully apply the 2019.2 Update.  While testing this behavior, I found that you must run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process for the most recently installed Revit update.  To clarify, if the last update applied was the 2019.0.2 Security Fix, then I had to run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process specific to that update but if the 2019.2 Update was applied after the 2019.0.2 Security Fix, then I had to run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process for the 2019.2 Update.

For those of you that want to try this solution, I would recommend running each of the following at a "run as administrator" command prompt:
Msiexec /I {7346B4A0-1900-0510-0000-705C0D862004} MSIPATCHREMOVE={9CA05B9A-1907-0510-A1B4-FFF7A680FE55}
Msiexec /I {7346B4A0-1900-0510-0000-705C0D862004} MSIPATCHREMOVE={9CA05B9A-1905-0510-A1B4-FFF7A680FE55}
Msiexec /I {7346B4A0-1900-0510-0000-705C0D862004} MSIPATCHREMOVE={9CA05B9A-1904-0510-A1B4-FFF7A680FE55}

If a Windows Installer message is displayed stating "The patch is not applied to this product.", you are safe to move along to the next one.  When you run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process for the currently applied patch, the process should take a while to complete and will most likely prompt you for the original installation media.  When complete, the Revit installation files should be reverted to their original version.  Checking the version of the Revit.exe file is a quick method to confirm this change.

At this point, I would recommend running the 2019.2 Update once again.  If this action results in a prompt to uninstall or modify this update, select the uninstall option.  Once that action is complete, run the 2019.2 Update once again and it should install successfully.

If this approach does not work on your system, the only other workaround is to uninstall and reinstall Revit, then apply the 2019.2 Update.  In this scenario, please note that you do not need to uninstall other Revit components, such as the Revit Content Libraries or add-ons (Batch Print or Model Review).

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 36 of 40
d.arikan
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

Hi Tony, 

This is the real solution! Thanks a lot.

Just one quick note: After uninstalling the patches , I couldn't open Revit to check the version code, it was shutting down every time. But then I directly re-installed 2019.2, and everything worked perfectly.

Message 37 of 40

@Tony_Michniewicz wrote:

Using Alex's suggestion, I was able to revert Revit to its original version and then I was able to successfully apply the 2019.2 Update.  While testing this behavior, I found that you must run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process for the most recently installed Revit update.  To clarify, if the last update applied was the 2019.0.2 Security Fix, then I had to run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process specific to that update but if the 2019.2 Update was applied after the 2019.0.2 Security Fix, then I had to run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process for the 2019.2 Update.

For those of you that want to try this solution, I would recommend running each of the following at a "run as administrator" command prompt:
Msiexec /I {7346B4A0-1900-0510-0000-705C0D862004} MSIPATCHREMOVE={9CA05B9A-1907-0510-A1B4-FFF7A680FE55}
Msiexec /I {7346B4A0-1900-0510-0000-705C0D862004} MSIPATCHREMOVE={9CA05B9A-1905-0510-A1B4-FFF7A680FE55}
Msiexec /I {7346B4A0-1900-0510-0000-705C0D862004} MSIPATCHREMOVE={9CA05B9A-1904-0510-A1B4-FFF7A680FE55}

If a Windows Installer message is displayed stating "The patch is not applied to this product.", you are safe to move along to the next one.  When you run the MSIPATCHREMOVE process for the currently applied patch, the process should take a while to complete and will most likely prompt you for the original installation media.  When complete, the Revit installation files should be reverted to their original version.  Checking the version of the Revit.exe file is a quick method to confirm this change.

At this point, I would recommend running the 2019.2 Update once again.  If this action results in a prompt to uninstall or modify this update, select the uninstall option.  Once that action is complete, run the 2019.2 Update once again and it should install successfully.

If this approach does not work on your system, the only other workaround is to uninstall and reinstall Revit, then apply the 2019.2 Update.  In this scenario, please note that you do not need to uninstall other Revit components, such as the Revit Content Libraries or add-ons (Batch Print or Model Review).

This worked for me.  The key seems to be uninstalling the 2019.2 patch from the command line (I assume that was the first one in the post) since running the .exe of the patch to uninstall must not completely remove the patch.

FYI - to run the command prompt "as administrator" (I had to look this up):  Windows Key+R, type "cmd.exe" without the quotes, and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.  The Command prompt should show C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32>,  not C:\Users\<Username>>.

Thanks @Tony_Michniewicz  for the solution!

Edit: spelling.

Message 38 of 40

Tony,

This is a solution that works for us! thank you for time and effort!

Message 39 of 40
robk
in reply to: rusand

Autodesk,

Please send me $120.00 to compensate me for MY time (this time) for the uninstalling and reinstalling procedure as your (ridiculous) Revit 2019.2.2 solution. THIS is what we pay dearly for?

Cheers,

Rob Kuchta

Message 40 of 40
RobDraw
in reply to: robk

Welcome to the woes of updating. Sometimes these things are necessary. 

BTW, this is a user help forum, the complaint department is down the hall and to the left.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report