Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove grid lines from curtain wall panel

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
55chuteT9MXS
1562 Views, 11 Replies

Remove grid lines from curtain wall panel

Hello, I have made a curtain wall panel family - repeating circle pattern.  The pattern works great but is there any way to remove/hide the gridlines that are between each panel.  The family is a 6" x 6" module and after applying to a curtain wall, that is a lot of grid lines.  The only method that has worked is picking each panel and changing linework to invisible line.  I thought maybe there is a dynamo script or something similar that could make the process less tedious.

Thanks, 

Christian 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: 55chuteT9MXS

Why does it matter?  Grid Lines aren't Visible.   

Message 3 of 12
55chuteT9MXS
in reply to: barthbradley

When I want to show in shaded or hidden line, the lines are all there.  Maybe those are not gridlines but panel outlines in the family.  I am not able to hide the border lines of the extrusion in the family though

Message 4 of 12
barthbradley

Untick "Show Edges" under Graphic Display Options

Message 5 of 12
55chuteT9MXS

you are the man!  amazing and thankyou!

Message 6 of 12
ToanDN

Overlap two curtain walls:

- One with no grid divisions with a system solid panel

- One with 6x6 grid division, custom panel with only round element

Message 7 of 12
55chuteT9MXS

thanks for the replies, I was hoping that there was some way when creating the curtain panel family (the round elem ent) that I could hide the edges of the extrusion.  show edges works great but is view specific and turns off all edges in the whole model.  I need many of these panesl at 8' so I was hoping to just save one with the lines hidden/invisble and then copy and paste. 

Message 8 of 12
ToanDN

Here's a Shaded view with Edges visible.

ToanDN_1-1650301454123.png

Message 9 of 12
55chuteT9MXS
in reply to: ToanDN

were you able to do this by overlapping the curtain walls.  I did one solid panel and then did another with teh round element (which is a void revolve) and the solid panel just seems to fill in the round elements

Message 10 of 12
ToanDN

@55chuteT9MXS wrote:

were you able to do this by overlapping the curtain walls.  I did one solid panel and then did another with teh round element (which is a void revolve) and the solid panel just seems to fill in the round elements

Here is with Hidden view when you cannot turn off edges.

ToanDN_0-1650313073794.png

See attached model.

Message 11 of 12
55chuteT9MXS

thank you! I Get it know, I assume same idea with void form if I want the balls to be cutting out the wall?  trying it now

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 12
55chuteT9MXS

Can't seem to get this to work as a void form, cutting half circles out of solid panel curtain wall?  Any thoughts. 

Thanks, 

Christian 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report