Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

railings in "wireframe" style

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
f.annoscia1XRNMD
1694 Views, 40 Replies

railings in "wireframe" style

Why do you think I see railings in "wireframe" even though I'm using the "hidden lines" display style?

😐

Immagine 2021-08-05 203115.png

I used the following settings: (thank you.)

Immagine 2021-08-05 204340.png

Thank you!

40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41

Message 22 of 41

@barthbradley if I'm not too prying, what computer do you use?

Message 23 of 41

I have no issue as well. However Vista 3D 7 - Copia 2 - 4 do show wireframe

wireframe.png

While Vista 3D 7 - Copia 2 - 1 show it solid. It maybe camera view corrupted.

solid.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 24 of 41

Try disabling hardware acceleration.  

Message 25 of 41

@syman2000the view I'm working on is Vista 3D 7 - Copia 2 - 3

Message 26 of 41

Yes, I had already tried to turn off the hardware acceleration.

Message 27 of 41

@syman2000 do you see Vista 3D 7 - Copia 2 - 3 correctly?

Thank you.

Message 28 of 41

Same thing. This is why I said the view is corrupted and you may want to copy from the original view that won't have that issue and then use view template from the Vista 3D 7 - Copia 2 - 3 and apply it on the new copied view.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 29 of 41

I see in wireframe also Vista 3D 7 - Copia 2 - 1, which you see well. I see them all wrong.

Message 30 of 41

@syman2000@barthbradley sees all the views well. Because? If it were corrupt, shouldn't we see them all the same way?

Message 31 of 41

@f.annoscia1XRNMD wrote:

@syman2000@barthbradley sees all the views well. Because? If it were corrupt, shouldn't we see them all the same way?

Not necessarily.  

...have you tried Repair?  Also, an Add-In could be the culprit.  Try this:

How to disable add-ins for Revit | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 32 of 41

Sorry to bother you. It is not clear to me this passage of the link: first I rename the view and then I delete the view that I renamed?

"

• Rename the certain 3D view.
  • Delete the renamed 3D view.
  • Generate a new 3D view > this view is already correct "

Also is there a way to put the camera in the same position?
Excuse me if I can't understand this passage... Thank you

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Message 33 of 41
f.annoscia1XRNMD
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:
Turn off CAD links or imports.
  • I brought the levels closer to the project, both in the main file and in the base.
  • I deleted the masses present, because they originally contained a CAD file, although not visible (I entered a DWG visibility parameter for it).
  • The file with the base, Revit link, which is located in the main file, contains a CAD file, but I turned it off in the source file (in generic models).

I attach the fixed files, if you want to take a look at it. Despite this, in the visibility window of the views I still see a reference to Cad, I do not understand why, it is as if some old CAD file was still present.

Immagine 2021-08-10 154629.jpg

Thank you.

Message 34 of 41

Good morning everyone. I did not solve the problem, does anyone have any other ideas to fix the situation?

I tried to copy the buildings to a new file, completely new, and by creating a new view I get the same result. I tried to disable the "add-ins" and tried to delete the CAD present, although I do not know if I succeeded at all. It didn't work. I'm wrong something, I don't know what... the drawing is very approximate, full of errors.

Immagine 2021-08-11 154034.jpg

Message 35 of 41
ToanDN
in reply to: f.annoscia1XRNMD

Hide the site link and model lines in that view fixed the transparent railing issue.  So the link and the model lines may have too large of a extent that causes the graphic glitch.  A starting point for you to diagnose.

ToanDN_0-1629498795391.png

Message 36 of 41
f.annoscia1XRNMD
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDNthank you!
I can see the view well by opening your file.
I see the "3D View 7 - Copy 1" view badly, although I hide the model lines.
However, in recent weeks I had tried to manually delete the links and model lines, but the view was still wrong... So I tried to delete gradually, one at a time, the different elements in the project...
What do you think the problem depends on? Is it a matter of computers? The RAM? The graphic card? Or is it a Revit feature?

Message 37 of 41
ToanDN

@f.annoscia1XRNMD wrote:

@ToanDNthank you!
I can see the view well by opening your file.
I see the "3D View 7 - Copy 1" view badly, although I hide the model lines.
However, in recent weeks I had tried to manually delete the links and model lines, but the view was still wrong... So I tried to delete gradually, one at a time, the different elements in the project...
What do you think the problem depends on? Is it a matter of computers? The RAM? The graphic card? Or is it a Revit feature?

Again, turn off the Site Link and Model Lines corrects the view graphics.

ToanDN_0-1629761543812.png

Message 38 of 41
RDAOU

@f.annoscia1XRNMD 

I do not see anything wrong with your PC or your linked files or the extents of elements in 3D! I didn't unload or switch off anything...its just a misfit view 

Select the Camera in plan view>>> CUT to Clipboard >>> Paste Aligned to same place

See GIF below for results

fix 3d cam 1.gif

Wow 34 posts!!! This thread is TRENDING big time

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 39 of 41

@ToanDNthank you! I hadn't turned off the link in fact!

@RDAOUthank you! It is very clear and useful. But after this operation you correctly visualize the railings of the views?

Message 40 of 41
RDAOU

@f.annoscia1XRNMD 

I believe yes...Is it not showing in the GIF? (Edit: I am currently on Mobile so can't open file...try it at your end and see outcome its a 2 secs thing)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report