Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

railings in "wireframe" style

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
f.annoscia1XRNMD
1660 Views, 40 Replies

railings in "wireframe" style

Why do you think I see railings in "wireframe" even though I'm using the "hidden lines" display style?

😐

Immagine 2021-08-05 203115.png

I used the following settings: (thank you.)

Immagine 2021-08-05 204340.png

Thank you!

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41

Are you in Edit Group Mode?  

Message 3 of 41

I'm in edit group. But the view does not change outside the model group.

Immagine 2021-08-05 210835.png

Message 4 of 41

Do you have a Transparency assigned to the Railing? 

Rail Transparency.png

You could have applied a Transparency by Element as well via the mouse right-click menu (Override Graphic in View: By Element).  

Message 5 of 41

No, I don't.

Message 6 of 41

Message 7 of 41

If I create a completely new view, the same thing happens. Then it's the graphics card... it can't make it.

😐

Message 8 of 41

Do you have railing set to default material transparency to 100%? If you did, it will show up as see thru wireframe.

default material.pngtransparency.png

transparency default.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 9 of 41

@syman2000  thank you very much! I checked and the transparency is set to 0... unfortunately this is not it. I think I'll have to clear the railings... I will find a stratagem to insert them separately, maybe leaving only the wall with the railings and deleting everything else and then exporting the railings as a layer ... perhaps lightening the view you will see well, even if they are not so positive. Maybe on a more powerful computer this would not happen.

Message 10 of 41

@barthbradleyhow do I save a "view template"?

Message 11 of 41

Save? 

Do you mean how do you Create a View Template from a View?  

Message 12 of 41

Is this?

Ps.
Do you know if it is possible to perfectly copy the position of one camera to create a view equal to another, without using "duplicate view"?

Immagine 2021-08-06 001308.png

Message 13 of 41

Sorry, I'm not following you buddy.  How is this related to railing being displayed in wireframe?  

Message 14 of 41

Message 15 of 41

Does every element in the 3D View appear to be in Wireframe?  If not, that article wouldn't  apply to your Railing issue.  Are you sure no Transparency is applied to your Railing?    

You are welcome to post your RVT here for our inspection.  

FWIW: This is how to accomplish Solution step #1 from that AKN Article:   

Step1.png

Message 16 of 41

Thank you for your answer and help. I realized that even the windows of a building in the view are "transparent". Tomorrow I try to send the file. Here it is almost one o'clock at night, I go to rest. See you tomorrow.

Message 17 of 41
ToanDN
in reply to: f.annoscia1XRNMD

Turn off CAD links or imports.
Message 18 of 41

I attach the files. One is the actual file, the other is the base that is linked to the main file. Thank you.

Message 19 of 41

No issues on my end.  Railing shows correctly as per the View's Visual Style.  

Railing Transparent.png

Message 20 of 41

@barthbradley I think it's my graphics card the problem. In a few days I will have another computer in my hands, I hope to display well there!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report