Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Site Surface failed to triangulate"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
876 Views, 6 Replies

"The Site Surface failed to triangulate"

Hi guys
I´m trying to make a building pad on my topography, but i keep getting this message: "The Site Surface failed to triangulate. It happens if a Subregion be completely inside/overlap a BuildingPad. It may happen in other situations as well."(See photo) but I haven't made any subregions in the model. And when i click on the "Show" button it says "No good views found"  hope you guys can help. I´m using Revit v2020.2. I can add it happens anywere on the toposurface. Thanks in advance 
Best Regards
Jonathan Schaarup

jona427h_0-1607593605964.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
syman2000
in reply to: Anonymous

Share the file so we can take a look.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 7
barthbradley

Are you unable to delete the Subregion instance that your Building Pad is on top of?  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: syman2000

Here is the file 🙂 It is a terrain file, there i link the building in to it from another file 🙂 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

It is not a sub region (in the picture), it is the building file which is linked into the terrain file (which is attached in the other message).  🙂

Message 6 of 7
syman2000

I checked your file. Seems like you have split the subregion into it's own topo. If you did this, building pad may have issues cutting with the site. It is best if you merge them into one topo and then place your building pad.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

What was the source of this Toposurface? It's exhibiting very odd behavior.  I would Create a Split Surface where you want your Build Pad to go -- making it slightly bigger than the BP -- an then place your BP on this Split Surface.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators