Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half of Ceiling Boundr Line Hidden by Wall in Reflected Ceiling Plan

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
cboersen
934 Views, 12 Replies

Half of Ceiling Boundr Line Hidden by Wall in Reflected Ceiling Plan

I want my ceiling boundary lines in a reflected ceiling plan to be very heavy.  The problem is that the walls hide half of the line thickness.  I can make the walls transparent and see the full line but that is not really a look I like.  How do I make it so the ceiling boundary line is "on top" of the wall?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
linkboy
in reply to: cboersen

You may change the view visibility by overwriting the default wall cut line to light weight and ceiling projection line heavy. 

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 13
cboersen
in reply to: linkboy

I did exactly that and the wall still covers up half the ceiling boundary line.  The heavy line below is just a line.  The ceiling boundary is the same line weight but it is only half showing  (you can sort of tell at the corners because the cut is square and not rounded like a line would be).

cboersen_0-1607617202082.png

Message 4 of 13
linkboy

post file for this area? 2019 if so.

Message 5 of 13
cboersen

It is a 2020.

How do you post a file?  Just link it?

Message 6 of 13
linkboy

Copy the wall and ceiling around the corner and paste into a new arch template . If the issue remains the same , you can post the new file not the original project file.

Message 7 of 13
cboersen

I attached a sample file

It has the normal walls and the also the transparent walls.  You can very clearly see the difference in the line weight.  This is in every project we have so it is part of out template.

Message 8 of 13
cboersen

I attached a sample file

It has the normal walls and the also the transparent walls.  You can very clearly see the difference in the line weight.  This is in every project we have so it is part of out template.

cboersen_0-1607619972144.png

Message 9 of 13
linkboy

Ceiling boundary line "under"(showing order) wall finish line makes sense to me. See example below, a larger scale view, wall with 1/2" sheathing bordering with ceiling tile. You want show the sheathing (1/2" thickness) correctly in the scale 1:12, not the other way around.

Capture.PNG

If we can reverse the order, highlight the wall or make it transparent, you are not able to show the 1/2" sheathing graphically correct. The dimension is to the center of the line.

Capture1.PNG

Message 10 of 13
cboersen

That might be true, but I see lots of examples of it not displaying that way and I want to know if I have something wrong or how to do it the other way without making the walls transparent.

Message 11 of 13
ToanDN

You could use Linework tool on the ceiling boundary lines but I imagine you will not like doing it.
Message 12 of 13
cboersen
in reply to: ToanDN

That is what the architects what me to do.  There has got to be a better way.

Message 13 of 13
linkboy

When you looking up from the cutting plane, RCP view, wall is in front of ceiling . That might be the reason it is hard to reverse the drawing order. It is what it is.

You can manipulate the view looking at the model, via underlay. This the case, ceiling is "in front of wall", you will get what you want. Just uncheck the halftone for underlay. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators