Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Revit 2020 Student Version allows Adds-In

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
565 Views, 4 Replies

Does Revit 2020 Student Version allows Adds-In

Hello,

I need to know if the student version of Revit 2020 is a full version (not a LT version) and if it allows adds-in to be installed as ElumTools, a lighting simulation software developed by Lighting Analysts that runs inside Revit.

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 5
RobDraw

Have you tried adding one?

I'm sure if it is not possible, Revit will let you know. I don't think there is a student version, it's just the license. Other than that I'm pretty sure the software is identical.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for your help but the link you sent refers to ElumTools products, my question was about Revit student version as if the student version allows Adds-in.

Or maybe you suggest to not use ElumTools for lighting calculation, can you explain a little more?

Thanks for the time you take to answer, I really appreciate it.

Pascal

Message 5 of 5
mauricio_mssf

As far as I know, if you can install add-ins on the Revit student (as long as it's not LT). The paid add-ins you have to pay to use, or use or use the trial version to be more consistent with using the software for study.

During my course I installed several add-ins in the revit student version, such as PIG, onBOX, but for lighting I used dialux evo is not an add-in, but as a free software for lighting analysis, so you have to export .ifc and use separate, not internal like the ElumTools.

If the answer solves your problem, click Accept as Solution this helps other users to quickly find an answer and let a like if you liked it.

Você achou esta postagem útil? Sinta-se à vontade para curtir esta postagem.
Ficou satisfeito com a resposta à sua pergunta? Nesse caso, clique no botão ACEITAR SOLUÇÃO.

Mauricio Santos Filho Arquiteto | BIM Manager
EESignature 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators