Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Revit 3D Model into DWG including Metadata/atributes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IGLICAD
747 Views, 2 Replies

Export Revit 3D Model into DWG including Metadata/atributes.

Hello dear Autodesk Community,

I have a question which concerns the DWG export directly from Revit.

My client wants me to perform export procedure of the entire building geometry including all kind of metadata which are saved in revit families.

AT the end, the wish of my client is to have nice 3D DWG Model (geometry) which includes attributes of each one component.

As an example, lets say, that I have a 3-way electric driven valve with tied up such a meta data like material, current, voltage, manufacturer, diameters, etc. Those info should appear as the attributes in 3D DWG model after clicking/picking on that valve in DWG.

So far after my researches in internet, I have only found info that revit doesn't support this kind of data transfer. There will be exported only geometry.

Does anyone know any solution for that kind of export data management ?

I found one plug in for this kind of DWG export but I would like to know if there is any other way to make that happen.

Take care,

Thomas 

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobDraw
in reply to: IGLICAD

You will have to do the work in AutoCAD after exporting the geometry from Revit. Might as well do the project in AutoCAD and skip the export.

Either that or make tons of tags.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 3
syman2000
in reply to: IGLICAD

You cannot achieve it with vanilla AutoCAD. You have to use AutoCAD Architecture and Revit IFC export to achieve what your client wants. This link showcase what it can do.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report