Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QuadroP2200 Issues.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BMA-ADMIN
814 Views, 6 Replies

QuadroP2200 Issues.

Hi Guys,

My old computer has a Quadro P1000 and all models rotated in 3D view didn't drop a single surface.

I recently purchased a new computer and decided to splurge on the card this time and picked up a Quadro P2200

The P2200 is a disaster. I can't even rotate a basic 3D view without missing or dropping surfaces. On plan I loose linework and it's starting to effect my work performance. 

Here are the specs on the new computer.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

32gig Ram

Windows 10 pro

512 SSD

Quadro P2200

I managed to do a little test this morning, I opened up my old computer and in 3D view the model spinned around very smooth, the GPU usage on task manager hit 19%. I repeated the same test on my new computer with the p2200 and the GPU hit 1%.

Any ideas on this one? I cant go back to P1000 as another staff member is using it now.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: BMA-ADMIN

Sounds like the P2200 is "P.U.!!!"

PU.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.  

Message 3 of 7
BMA-ADMIN
in reply to: barthbradley

Just did another test with another PC which also has the P2200 same result. Not sure how to fix this issue.

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

@BMA-ADMIN wrote:

Just did another test with another PC which also has the P2200 same result. Not sure how to fix this issue.

Apparently you cannot, if you are replicating it on a different PC with the same card.  Have you contacted Nvidia?  That's who I'd be confronting if I were in your shoes.  That's cheap performance from an expensive card.  

Message 5 of 7
BMA-ADMIN
in reply to: barthbradley

Yeah I'll get in touch with them later today.

what a waste of money. I might secretly replace the 2200 with my old card lol.

Message 6 of 7
BMA-ADMIN

Quick update for you guys.

Our IT department discovered this morning that the QuadroP2200 works only in the "Realistic" setting on a 3D view.

When realistic is set the 3D rotates smooth, without 1 surface dropping.

Any other setting ie, "Wireframe, Hidden Line, Shaded, Consistent" the model is unworkable.

So Autodesk any solution on this one? your very quiet lol.

Message 7 of 7
Anton_Welgemoed

Hi, did you find any resolution on this, I did the test and you are 100% correct. It only works in a Realistic View.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators