Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Turn imported colored dwg black & white

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Marcus.Isacsson
27664 Views, 12 Replies

Turn imported colored dwg black & white

Hi fellas!

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the color of lines of an imported dwg in a Revit family? (without exploding)

Black & white.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

If you want to make dwg in Black , When import dwg choose option you like from color .. see screenshot..

Message 3 of 13

@ArchEslam wrote:

If you want to make dwg in Black , When import dwg choose option you like from color .. see screenshot..

Yes, but someone else imported those things before me. Guess I have to import them all over again? Or is it possible to change now without re-importing?

Message 4 of 13

Edit: Delete it and import it again correctly.

Personally, in a Titleblock family I would avoid using any DWG data and recreate it using native Revit lines, filled regions etc.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 13

I don't have any way to change dwg colore after import in annotation family "only explode it"

but, You Can Tray to export it from revit to CAD and re import it Again 

Message 6 of 13

this way don't work in annotation family.."only model family" 

Message 7 of 13

Yes, sorry. I didn't realize it was a titleblock family at first.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Marcus.Isacsson

You can change it after importing it by changing the override graphics. Just change the color of lines to black or grey.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Hi

You can change the colors of the layers under Visibility/Graphic--> Imported Categories --> Object Styles --> Imported Objects --> Line color

Message 10 of 13
martijn_pater
in reply to: Anonymous

You can change the colors of the layers under Visibility/Graphic--> Imported Categories
( Not necessarily using object styles )

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Right click on your imported cad drawing > Override graphics> Projection lines - select whatever color, line style and line weight you want. 

Message 12 of 13
martijn_pater

Apologies, I completely read over the 'in Family' part... yes, you do need to go through Object Styles in that case. Although override element is not much of a solution imho as it's not possible to do so in the family either. Then you're overriding the families' projection lines alltogether so I'm not sure that's what you're after and that one answers a somewhat different question really. Because then you could also override the subcats in VG (if generic, the layers will be under generic family category) or set up a view filter for example...

edit: actually I only now see your asking about dwg in annotation family, that's somewhat different, I think perhaps you do have to explode the drawing then...

edit2: trying myself, but now it actually seems quite buggy to me... Think I will have another look tomorrow...

Message 13 of 13
vania.n

It works! Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators