Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing perpendicular cut in Topography

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
salmanjavaid2000
776 Views, 11 Replies

Providing perpendicular cut in Topography

Hi Guys!

Is there a way to provide a perpendicular cut in topographic surface? I want to excavate the soil perpendicularly instead of sloping on two sides.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Sure, use a Building Pad. 

Perp1.png

Message 3 of 12

That will cut the surface, but then I also have to fill it up. 

Message 4 of 12

You want to dig a hole and fill it in?  Not following. Can you elaborate?  

Message 5 of 12

salmanjavaid2000_0-1628314949849.png

The volume is still zero with Building pad

Message 6 of 12

As you obviously know that we have to excavate the soil for the construction of foundations and then fill the soil back as well, in case there are some spaces available for it. And here in my case there is an isolated footing, for which I want to calculate the cut volume and fill volume of soil.

I hope this helps

Message 7 of 12

@salmanjavaid2000 wrote:

The volume is still zero with Building pad

No it isn't.  

Sounds like you are trying to calculate cut/fill.  Is that about the size of it?  

Message 8 of 12

Yup. I want to calculate cut and fill.

Yes the volume is zero, if you look into the Properties bar on the left side

Message 9 of 12

In order to calculate cut and fill, you are going to need to work in Phases with Graded Region Copies. It's a lot to explain in a post.   It's pretty involved.  See if this Screencast helps your understanding. 

Building Pad Cut&Fill Data from Graded Region Copies of Split Surfaces | Search | Autodesk Knowledge...

...here's another one:

About Reporting Cut and Fill Volumes on a Site | Revit Products 2016 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 10 of 12

You want to go from the native site condition to the excavation to the backfill - with cut/fill calculations along the way.  Is that about the size of it?  If so, you'll need 4 Phases.  

Perp10.pngPerp20.pngPerp30.pngPerp50.png

Message 11 of 12

@salmanjavaid2000 wrote:

Yes the volume is zero, if you look into the Properties bar on the left side

By the look of it, you are selecting the wrong Toposurface in your above screenshot.  If you've done it correctly, there are 2 Toposurfaces. Select the Topo infill that is created automatically when you create a Building Pad.  That is the one that reports Cut/Fill quantities in its  Properties.  The other, surrounding Toposurface reports zero quantities for Cut/Fill.   

Message 12 of 12

It worked. Thanks a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report