Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Lines lengths not correct

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
n10263349
430 Views, 6 Replies

Property Lines lengths not correct

Hi All hoping for some  help. Have established a property line using the correct lengths & angles in deed data from property tile. However although the tag shows correct length (although rounded up) the actual dimensioned length is different....very strange! Any suggestions to correct this? Cheers Greg Wrong Lengths.JPG   

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pyaezoneas
in reply to: n10263349

Hi, it is difficult to tell just from the screenshot.

Can you upload your project file?

Message 3 of 7

maybe it's the number of decimals and rounds the counts..

select the Units Format and change the settings of the Linear Dimension Style accordingly ..

tt.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
n10263349
in reply to: pyaezoneas

Hi pyaezoneas, att is file (in early stages only) cant work out why dimension is wrong, the co-ordinates are the ones off the plan. The bottom boundary should be smaller than top boundary. Could it be that the side minutes are the wrong way around? Appreciate your help, cheers 

Message 5 of 7
pyaezoneas

Hi @n10263349 
Your property line is not closed. 
scrShot1.png

I think you used "Add Line to Close" to close the property line. In that case, your property line tag will still show the value 23.65 on its label, since the new line is still a separate line. 

scrshot2.png

That 0.45 m tag is the tag for the extra new line.

Message 6 of 7
n10263349
in reply to: pyaezoneas

Thanks for reply Ppyaezoneas, yes I can see what you mean but even when I remove the close line, the length of southern boundary (see attachment) should be 23647mm, don't know what is going on. I can just trace the survey but this is not correct way, anyway thanks for your assistance.    

Message 7 of 7
pyaezoneas

Hi @n10263349 
I think the length of southern boundary line is 23647 as you have input in the table.
The 24101 is the length between western boundary line and eastern boundary line.
srShot.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators