Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print to PDF - Text / Font Issues

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
PLANcknopp
2911 Views, 9 Replies

Print to PDF - Text / Font Issues

We are having a localized issue with Revit exporting the correct font/text to PDF. See the attached image.

example.jpgThe issue seems to be local to a particular computer rather than a specific revit file. We determined this through troubleshooting; I opened up the same file on another computer and the export comes out fine.

All the fonts are installed correctly on the machine. Some fonts are able to be exported, some are not as seen in the attachment. 

We tried uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh version of Revit. 

It seems like such a strange issue and I'm wondering if anyone here has ran into this problem before and any tips on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hmunsell
in reply to: PLANcknopp

what PDF driver(s) are you using?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
barthbradley

Might be worth inspecting:  

Embed.png

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hello, was this ever resolved?

My office is having the identical problem on two machines. 

@barthbradley  could you please clarify what you're suggesting we check? My settings match yours and yet, the error continues. 

Though, strangely, the font I want to use appears in window's 'fonts' folder, but it does not appear in the 'embedding' list when I went through PDF preferences. 

It's a plain, boring, 1993 ARchitxt TrueType font. It shouldn't be this hard.

Message 5 of 10
OnTargetBob

I had a similar issue with PDF export such that all the regular text was squished into the same space, but 3x as wide as normal so that all the characters overlapped. The dimension text was completely unaffected. Localized to my machine.

The problem was that my "main" monitor was a weird off brand travel tablet style monitor. I switched (in Windows display settings) the main monitor to a standard monitor and the issue went away.

Bob

Message 6 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

You see the font in the font folder via windows file browser or via windows font settings?  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, it's in the window's file browser (C:\Windows\Fonts).

But, I finally found how to fix the issue! It's on adobe PDF's end.

Windows settings -> devices -> printers and scanners -> adove PDF -> manage -> printing preferences -> make sure "rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts" is unchecked (see attached image).

echapman_0-1622642024193.png

This was a problem bothering our office for awhile, I hope someone else can find this useful.

Message 8 of 10
syman2000

recent window update cause PDF driver to go haywire. Try updating the driver from this link

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5001649

you can thank the user for suggesting the fix here

https://www.revitforum.org/forum/revit-architecture-forum-rac/architecture-and-general-revit-questio...

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 9 of 10
luisPDAN6

There has been an update in Windows 10 that can cause such problems. Have a look here:

https://goto.archi/forum/docuflow/pdfs-printed-from-revit-have-distorted-text-incorrect-fonts-missin...

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you but I already found the solution.

It wasn't an update, driver, or even microsoft problem (OP had the problem in early 2020, and one of our office's machines was also doing it since last year), it's a setting that needs to be turned off from the printers menu, as I showed above.

Given that the original problem was also localized to one machine and the text displayed as the same gibberish we were getting, I'm confident that it's the same settings issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report