Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Visibility Question

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
469 Views, 9 Replies

Plan Visibility Question

I've attached the Revit file in question.

There is only a single floor plate in the model, and 3 plan views - Floor 0, Floor 1, Floor 2.

The floorplate geometry can be seen from the floor plans of Floor 0 and Floor 2, but not Floor 1; I can't figure out why.

As far as I can tell, all visibility and view range settings are identical.

Seems like a simple enough question, but multiple seasoned Revit users have been unable to pinpoint the cause of this issue.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click on the vie win the Project Browser>>Apply Template Properties. Change the view type filter to All.

Untitled.png

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

I don't understand. 

The View type filter only helps me select templates to apply; it doesn't actually make any changes to the model.

I'm not sure what solution you are suggesting and how it is supposed to help.

Whilst I understand that replacing my "Floor Plan: Level 1" view with a completely new plan may solve the issue, I am more curious as to why this specific view fails to show the desired geometry. I am much more interested in the cause than the fix.

Message 4 of 10
Sahay_R

Have you tried to click per my screenshot? Because when I did that the floor (along with another couple that I had created to test) appeared. 

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I have followed your instructions to no effect.

Furthermore, I don't seem to understand your instructions.

You say to right click the view - "Floor Plans - Level 1", then "Apply View Template", then change View Type Filter to "All". 

There should be more steps afterwards. After selecting all, I am given the choice between Architectural Elevation, Architectural Plan, Architectural Section, etc. You haven't told me what to choose. 

Furthermore, I have tried Architectural Plan, clicked Apply Properties, and the geometry still fails to show.

Message 6 of 10
Sahay_R

Click on All - that is what was highlighted in the screenshot. Another approach that I have tried was to delete the level and recreate a new level with a view. When I associated the template with the view, the geometry showed up. Please see the attached file of this solution. Sometimes when views misbehave (and a lot of times it defies understanding), the best thing to do is recreate them.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I understand what you are saying,but once again you are missing instructions.

In the "Apply View Template" box, I have chosen "<all>" in View Type Filter, but then I need to choose the name of a single template correct? Within the list is Architectural Elevation, Architectural Section, Site Plan, Etc. Which would you like me to select? If I simply click "<all>", it defaults to Architectural Plan, which is not a successful solution.

Furthermore, I know that by deleting and creating the view, I can fix the problem. But I am not looking for a solution. I want to know exactly why this view I currently have fails to show the geometry. I am not trying to fix the problem, but find out what is causing the problem. To recreate the view is the ignore the issue.

Message 8 of 10
Sahay_R

The View Template that I used was Enter New Name Here.

Once again, there are things that Revit does that are beyond understanding. Sometimes things that work do not work the next time! Having a workaround that works is what matters. 

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I can't accept that as a viable answer. To work around a problem you don't understand seems dubious.

But thank you for your time and help.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I found the issue.

I had originally thought it was a program glitch.

Turns out, my view "Floor Plan - Level 1" had Phasing set to "B10 Superstructure".

Once I set it back to "Project Comletion", it showed up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report