Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasing Graphics and Detail Level

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
4759 Views, 29 Replies

Phasing Graphics and Detail Level

Working in Revit LT 2014. 

We want to use Revit's phasing functionality to differentiate between existing and proposed building elements. However, we also want to show building elements at a fine detail level (ie wall layers). I have read that one should be able to achieve this by going to the graphic overrides tab on the phasing menu and selecting "no material" (click inside the box on the material column, then click the …, then click the 'no material' button on the bottom left). It isn't working, however.

I double checked that my view template is actually set to the fine detail level. 

Is there another interrelated setting somewhere I might need to change? Or maybe I can't do this with Revit LT?

Tags (3)
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
ToanDN
in reply to: loboarch

I too believe the article only covers allowing Fine Detail presentation for existing phase. I am not sure how the OP got the impression that it would do both. If LT can't do view filters, he may try overlaying two views to get the look he wants. I can give it a shot when I get to the office.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 30
ToanDN
in reply to: ToanDN

Overlaying two viewports on a sheet method.

Capture.PNG

Toan Nguyen
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

chrisplyler- we have wall type tags that direct to a wall assembly detail to show the wall layer materials. 

As I think loboarch also responded, the view filter approach isn't available to me in Revit LT.

Message 24 of 30
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

No view filters? That is a huge bummer. I'm going to go with loboarch in recommending full Revit then. I am NOT an Autodesk employee, or in any way associated with them or any reseller or anything like that. I'm a design/build contractor who can't even imagine not having view filters. No view filters? Just shoot me now.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

How can you select a wall (element) via filters so you can control the visibility based on phases?

Chris

Message 26 of 30
ToanDN

Let's say you want to select all the demolish walls.

- Create a view, Phase = New, Phase filter = show demo only

- Isolate wall categories and select all

- Type in Comments field: demolished (or add a new parameter for it if you need to)

- Use the Comments (or new parameter) value as the Filter criterial

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous

Okay, that makes sense. I have done that before with other elements. So the answer is no, phase is not an available parameter to use as filtering criteria.

Thanks!

Message 28 of 30
MATT
Message 29 of 30
brian4J9T3

THIS WORKS! THANK YOU.

Message 30 of 30
giles.reed

Yep that works... perfect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators