Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Through Elevation on Revit 2024

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
JOESQUEDAC
913 Views, 21 Replies

Passing Through Elevation on Revit 2024

Hi. I'm looking for the Passing Through Elevation on Revit 2024. Previous versions has the option on Toposurface settings, but now there is no option to configurate passing elevation through en Toposolid settings on Revit 2024. Can help me?
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
barthbradley
in reply to: JOESQUEDAC
Message 3 of 22
JOESQUEDAC

Yes, but I need the Passing through elevation settingCaptura de pantalla 2023-12-04 104420.png

Message 4 of 22
barthbradley

That dialog box doesn't exist in 2024. 

Message 5 of 22
barthbradley

Message 6 of 22
JOESQUEDAC

The real problem is that without option, I can't start Label Contours with closed numbers. Any idea to solve this problem? (In photo, look at the primary contours. There are not closed numbers)

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-04 114109.png

Message 7 of 22
barthbradley

Contour elevations are relative to the Elevation Base.  You could use a Relative Base.  

....just to be clear; by "closed" you mean whole numbers?  If so, why not raise the Elevation Base 0.30 or lower the Toposolid 0.30?  

Message 8 of 22
JOESQUEDAC
in reply to: barthbradley

Where is the Elevation Base option?
Message 9 of 22
JOESQUEDAC

Yes, I mean whole numbers, but where is the Elevation Base option?
Message 10 of 22
barthbradley

Under the Type Properties of the Contour Labels.

But, if those numbers are still not whole numbers when choosing a different Elevation Base, then you need to move the Toposolid down until it zeros out (e.g. 0.30 down if the Elevation Base is unchanged from the one used in the above screenshot).  Or, like I said, move the Elevation Base up 0.30 in this case.  

ElevBaseContours.png

Message 11 of 22
JOESQUEDAC

The result is the same but with different numbers, they don't changes to whole numbers. Neither the contour label does not change even when I move the toposolid. The reference is always +0.30

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-05 111336.png

Message 12 of 22
barthbradley

That doesn't make any sense unless your Contour Display values (under the Properties of the Toposolid) are not whole numbers.  

Contour Display.png

Post you Project File and I'll look at it and see what's going on.

Message 13 of 22
barthbradley

Use Survey Point for Elevation Base, then move the CLIPPED Survey Point up or down in Elevation.   

Message 14 of 22
ToanDN

Edit Toposolid type > Edit Contour Display.

ToanDN_0-1701801864842.png

Message 15 of 22
JOESQUEDAC

But I already defined the toposolid with real geoposition an altitude using the Survey Point. The logical thing would be to show curves with closed numbers, right? Define label conturs like the previous Passing Through Elevation setting at least. Contour display control is setting on -100, 1000.
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-05 143104.png

Message 16 of 22
barthbradley

Is the base of the Toposolid on the Survey Point ORIGIN?  Go to Elevation, Unclip the Survey Point and enter 0,0,0 into its x,y,z Coordinates, Isolate the Survey Point and Toposolid in the View and zoom in on the base of the Toposolid at and Survey Point/Origin.  I'm betting the Toposolid Base is not intersecting with the Survey Point Origin, but slightly above it.  

Message 17 of 22
JOESQUEDAC

No becuase my physical reference point is 1.00 m over the ground. I tried moving up and down first the toposolid, after the survey point but the result is always the same: primary contours show decimals
Message 18 of 22
barthbradley

Just post your RVT here.  That's the quickest way to resolve.  

Message 19 of 22
barthbradley

Or, if you just want to fake until you make it, change the formatting. 😉 

Passthrough.png

Message 20 of 22
ToanDN

@JOESQUEDAC wrote:

But I already defined the toposolid with real geoposition an altitude using the Survey Point. The logical thing would be to show curves with closed numbers, right? Define label conturs like the previous Passing Through Elevation setting at least. Contour display control is setting on -100, 1000.
Captura de pantalla 2023-12-05 143104.png

Change Inicio to 100.20.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report