Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps for BIM quick start

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
590 Views, 12 Replies

Next Steps for BIM quick start

The BIM Quick Start (Autodesk Medical Center with TOC.pdf) that is provided when you first startup Revit ends by saying the next series of lessons contains lessons on topics including: (a bunch of topics)

does anyone know where to find the next set of lessons?

Lloyd.

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

LOL, I don't think ending a technical document like that is very professional.

Where's QC?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: RobDraw

Actually, the way it reads is:

Now that you have completed a basic model, there is so much more that you can do with Revit. The next series of lessons contains lessons on a variety of topics including:

• Conceptual Massing and Schematic Design

• Working with CAD files in Families

• Running an Energy Analysis in the Cloud

• Walls, Doors and Dimensions

• Working with Rooms

Adding Stairs and Railings

• Working with non-rectangular viewports

• Text, tags and dimensions

• Making modifications

• Using Displace Elements

• Using Materials

• Creating a Cloud Rendering

Sounds like there is more to come - should the series be renewed for another season. Perhaps, the Neilsen Ratings weren't strong enough and they cancelled the show. Shouldn't prevent you from researching those topics on your own. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I quite liked this guide and its style and was hoping that lack of interest wasn't the case... I'd love to get the full series.

Maybe I'm old school but when I used to buy autodesk products they would come with multiple books and learning guides so that you could teach your self to use the program... I looked on my book shelf behind me and saw some of the old stuff I used to start my career with. Searching Youtube isn't what I expected when spending this type of money on software.

20180205_082717.jpg

Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

Boy! That picture takes me back. I think I had the same set. What can I say; them are bygone days. We're livin' in a "Green" world now. But I feel your nostalgia. Kind of the same feeling I have about my vinyl LPs. 

Message 6 of 13
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

I quite liked this guide and its style and was hoping that lack of interest wasn't the case... I'd love to get the full series.

Maybe I'm old school but when I used to buy autodesk products they would come with multiple books and learning guides so that you could teach your self to use the program... I looked on my book shelf behind me and saw some of the old stuff I used to start my career with. Searching Youtube isn't what I expected when spending this type of money on software.

20180205_082717.jpg

I too had to rely upon similar reference material when I started and AutoDesk still does provide some of that in electronic format. You've got to realize that there is a wealth of information in a variety of formats to be had for free on the internet. If you prefer a more organized approach, you can pay for courses, either on-line, in a classroom, or in your workplace.

Rob

Message 7 of 13
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I searched for the data assets but looks like the remaining topics are archived and belonged to an older version.

Best bet is to look for similar topics in https://www.lynda.com/search?q=paul+aubin (same author as the pdf document)

Here's a good resource on out forum for books and other learning content

I've attached the BIM quick start PDF to help others seeking similar content.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

your right I noticed almost all of the help info for 2017 comes from 2014 version...

Message 9 of 13
Viveka_CD

Yes, looks like we will have more resources form the AKN, will let you know and please feel free to check back.

You can always post to the forums and we have experts like @barthbradley@RobDraw@ToanDN@Sahay_R, (to name a few) and many others to join the conversation, which makes learning more funSmiley Happy

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. Kudos welcome.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 13
barthbradley

@Viveka_CD wrote:

experts like @barthbradley

Aw shucks Smiley Embarassed 

Message 11 of 13
Sahay_R

@barthbradley - @Viveka_CD is making me blush too!!!

Smiley LOL

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 12 of 13
Viveka_CD

come on @barthbradley you are our valued advisor and there have been many occasions where you cracked me up in the midst of a tough day.Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
RobDraw

Thank you, @Viveka_CD.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report