Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Toposolid broke Topography Link

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
KRyadchenko_HNTB
159 Views, 2 Replies

New Toposolid broke Topography Link

Link Topography used to work great before Toposolid was introduced.
We would get a Civil 3D file with TIN surface in it and publish it to ACC. We would link that DWG with published surface to Revit and the surface would land in the right place and be way finer quality than topography modeled in Revit.
Autodesk just broke Revit once again. 
Now, when linking the published TIN surface from DWG, Revit rebuilds the surface as Toposolid, which is way cruder and messier than the surface in Civl 3D. Also, it can't place that toposolid in the right place. Because the distance is "too large" Revit would place rebuilt toposolid "Center-to-Center".
We're building in cities! The distances are large in cities by definition. 
The old Topography Linking worked great!
We didn't have to modify Civil file, and when they had updated the surface we published it as a new version, and topography subdivisions in Revits would update along the surface. That was amazing.
Now with the newer Toposolid, Autodesk made the workflow worse and more complicated than the old one.
How to link topography published from Civl 3D in Revit 2024? Please don't post links to old workflows that used to work before Revit 2024. I know it used to work. How to I do it link it in Revit 2024?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@KRyadchenko_HNTB wrote:

Also, it can't place that toposolid in the right place. Because the distance is "too large" Revit would place rebuilt toposolid "Center-to-Center".

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2025/ENU/?guid=GUID-74AF92CB-7B17-4409-8BE5-576C5C9CA484

Message 3 of 3

My colleague from the Austin office told me to check the coordinates in the DWG file, and indeed. While exporting the topography file from DGN in Microstation to Civil 3D Coordinated got modified. I don't know why. But for all those who publish Topography and notice that it doesn't land where it should, check your coordinates (Easting and Northing) in Civil 3D.
In my case, the coordinates mismatch was the culprit of Published Topography not landing where it should.
I've exported DWG from Microstation for the second time, with the correct coordinates. And it's landed where it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators