Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model lines drawn in family ref. level are crooked in sheet view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
442 Views, 3 Replies

model lines drawn in family ref. level are crooked in sheet view

I have a problem with editing a Family.  I am trying to place lines on a mirror (Bradley Washroom Accessories Mirrors 747) to show material is glass.  When I draw them in Ref. Level as shown in the attached screenshot, they come out .  I really don't have a lot of experience with editing Families, but it worked with another mirror, also attached as screenshot (small mirror).  Can anyone suggest how to create lines on whatever plane I'm supposed to be drawing so as to show properly?

crooked in my Sheet views (large mirr

small mirror lines turn out finesmall mirror lines turn out fine

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

It happens when the mirror dimensions change. I would create a detail component family, draw the lines, and load (nest) it in the mirror family.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for the reply.

I created lines in various places but do not understand the reasons the lines appeared where they do.  They seem random, but obviously this cannot be the case.

I think I have a LONG way to go before I understand this.  Perhaps I need to back up and study Families much more - planes, views, etc.  Not quite there.  In class, we never got into editing or creating Families.  We barely covered Reference Planes.

Can you (or anyone) suggest a good reference (online, printed text, etc.) to study Families and related topics?

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

If you turn on the temporary dimensions of the family (VV > Annotation tab) you will see there dimensions from the line ends to reference planes or other geometry. So, when you change the family size in project, these constraints make the line crooked. By using a nested family, the lines no longer constrained unwantedly (is it a word?).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators