Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric and Imperial Scale is Showing Unintentionally

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
1937 Views, 18 Replies

Metric and Imperial Scale is Showing Unintentionally

Here's one I've never seen. I have two elevations on one page in an imperial project, on one sheet. One Title Bubble reads, 1/8" = 1'0" (correct) and the other one reads 1 : 96

I want them both to say 1/8" = 1'0", they are both using the same Viewport Type, same View Template that forces the View Scale to 1/8" = 1'0". I've done everything, changed the Title Bubble Family, copied the View, changed the Sheets, I've even changed the Scale and the incorrect one ALWAYS reads 1 : 96. I don't even understand how I would force it to read the wrong scale like that, but it is.

Any ideas would be great, or is this just a glitch? I can make a completely new view and it shows 1/8" = 1'0".

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like different TYPES to me.  

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Same Family, Type, Title, it's all the same.

Message 4 of 19
barthbradley

View Title Family?  

Post the RFA.  

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

There is just the one Family, so if you edit type, you get the same RLA_Title family. Same RLA_Title Bubble in that family. And same View Scale Label in the Title Bubble Family.

Message 6 of 19
barthbradley

Only one View Title Family in the Project??? Right-click on the family in the Project Browser and select Type Properties.  Anything showing?  Maybe some check boxes? 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous

I posted a screenshot of the Viewport Family Properties above, the Title Family only has a check box to turn on or off the scale, if I click it off, they turn off throughout the project.

Message 8 of 19
barthbradley

You're misunderstanding me. I'm talking about the View Title Family; the one that is assigned next to the "Title" Parameter in your screenshot.  Sounds like you have others in you Project Browser.  Expand the "Title" drop-down box. Are there more to pick from? 

View Title.png

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

There is an RLA_Title Bubble, and an RLA_Title Bubble - No Scale

It is just the check box here.

Message 10 of 19
barthbradley

Well then, there you have it. Mystery solved. No?  

Message 11 of 19
joe_keogh

Hi @Anonymous 

If I am understanding you correctly, you want the scale to be imperial, but the length and dimensions to be metric.  Is that right?

This is not possible, the Units of the project determine the scale, because Imperial scale has no relevance to Metric Dimensions.  if you want imperial Scale, change the length Units to Imperial.

Joe Keogh
Director | Design Technology + Innovation
www.viewlistic.com.au

Message 12 of 19
barthbradley
in reply to: joe_keogh

Ha! You read it completely differently than I did.  Maybe it's time for me to get new eyeglasses. I read 2 View Titles on the same sheet, one reading the correct View Scale (e.g. 1/8"=1'-0") and the other ALWAYS reading 96:1 (sounds like an annotation, not label).  

Message 13 of 19
RobDraw

This is not a metric vs. imperial thing. 1/8" = 1'-0" and 1:96 are the same scale.

Can you post the model with the offending view so that we can determine what the issue is?

If not, here is a solution. Create a new view to see if the issue persists. If the issue goes away, copy/paste any annotation objects into the new one.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

So if I duplicate the view, it still reads 1 : 96, so I'd have to make a completely new one. The problem is that there are several elevations that are showing this way. I just don't quite know why.

I'll attach an example of the sheet with the bad scale on the left, and what I want on the right. Unfortunately I can't attach the full file.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous

Unfortunately no, changing that just turns on or off the Scale completely, doesn't turn it into the correct scale.

Message 16 of 19
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

So if I duplicate the view, it still reads 1 : 96, so I'd have to make a completely new one.

Of course, that's why I didn't say duplicate.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll attach an example of the sheet with the bad scale on the left, and what I want on the right. 

That just shows what you have already explained.

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately I can't attach the full file.

Don't need the full file, just one with a view showing the wrong scale. 

Rob

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

Ah, yeah, I was just saying it because I had said in the first post that making a new view creates a view with the correct scale and I was asking if anyone knew why this was happening or if there was a solution instead of remaking the views.

Also just explaining because other people seem to have misunderstood what the issue was. 

I've attached a version of the file with a few of the broken views.

Message 18 of 19
RobDraw

I changed the scale to 1/8" and it displayed correctly.

Here is the cause:

Custom Scale.jpg

Here is how to fix it without changing the scale:

Turn Off Display Name.jpg

I know that it doesn't look right showing the 1" = 8'-0" but it changes to 1/8" = 1'-0" when you hit okay.

Rob

Message 19 of 19
Anonymous

That worked great! Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators