Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material with a cutout becomes transparent when in front of another material with a cutout

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
redhouse.j
134 Views, 1 Reply

Material with a cutout becomes transparent when in front of another material with a cutout

Disclaimer:

This isn't critical, it's just out of curiosity. If anyone else has noticed this and knows offhand if it is a Revit limitation or just a setting I'm missing, that's cool. This is in LT, so it could just be an LT thing.

Noticing a couple weird things with material cutouts:

1) The first one is this door. The hinges are actually on the other side of the door but we can see them through the door. Where the hinges overlap the door, their edges glow. Where they overlap any other material, they are solid.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 154027.png

2) The other is this bay window with leaded glass. Where the material overlaps another window on the other side, the leading becomes translucent.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 155106.png

Maybe if I render it, everything will display just fine?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
syman2000
in reply to: redhouse.j

I notice the cutout may not show correctly in the realistic view. This is an example scene where the realistic view shows no cutout appearance and the cutout shows up when I use enscape to render the scene. 

syman2000_0-1698451683773.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators