Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Level Head Family

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
PhilvK
3739 Views, 10 Replies

Load Level Head Family

After opening the Level Head Family file “Level Head – Target.rfa”, I click “Load Into Project”.  It says that this family will be automatically loaded into any open project, however when I go to the open project, it does not appear as an available type. How do you get different types of Level Heads to be available to choose from please?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbcarch
in reply to: PhilvK

In the Browser, Annotation Families, scroll down to Level Heads--it should be there. If not, it did not get loaded correctly into the Project.

See attached.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 11
PhilvK
in reply to: cbcarch

Cliff - It is listed, but I don' know how to get where I can select it to be the type I want to use. I am very new to this.

Thanks - Phil

Message 4 of 11
cbcarch

Go to an Elevation or Section. Click on the Level Head--then under Properties, change the Type.

Cliff B. Collins
Message 5 of 11
PhilvK

The style I want to change to doesn't appear in the list under "Edit Type". It does however appear under Families in the Project Browser.

Phil

Message 6 of 11
cbcarch

Select one that is loaded, under Properties, choose Duplicate. Then Edit Type. Select the desired Type from the drop down list.

Does it work?

Cliff B. Collins
Message 7 of 11
PhilvK

Thank you, I will try this, but I was just trying to be able load one that is laready been made a family.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Wow, this thread was written back in 2014, but I had the same problem, and just found a solution.

We have to change the "Symbol" under "Type Properties".

Message 9 of 11
Benjamin.Schebella

same problem for me except i've loaded it into the project, and it still won't come up as an option when i select symbol type in edit type window for the level head.

Message 10 of 11
bojannaneski
in reply to: Anonymous

This is solution

thx

Message 11 of 11
jsrlrpc
in reply to: Anonymous

THANK YOU!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators