Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines are hidden behind Filled Regions in Generic Annotation Family

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gabriela.dominguezQN4XU
1410 Views, 4 Replies

Lines are hidden behind Filled Regions in Generic Annotation Family

I'm trying to generate a key plan for my project, using a Generic Annotation, with lines and filled regions to show areas and walls. I struggled getting the order of the filled regions so they would show in the order I need when they are on the project (I had to place them backwards on the actual GA family for it to show up correctly). But no matter what I try, the lines always get hidden behind the filled regions, and I need them to show up in front. Is tehre a way to get this to display correctly?

This is how I want my family to look:

gabrieladominguezQN4XU_0-1680584677372.png

This is what it looks like when I load it into the project (the lines are still there, they are just hidden):

gabrieladominguezQN4XU_1-1680584746243.pnggabrieladominguezQN4XU_2-1680584786370.png

Is there a way to get my family looking right?

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I think you might need to change family template from generic annotation to detail item family as this family works fine when loaded into project revealing background items also allows to check or uncheck masking for filled region in edit family. Give it a shot

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the suggestion! It does work better, and it gives much more control over the layers in my drawing. However, this family can't be inserted into a TTB family - so if there is a way to get the generic annotation to work and display as needed it would be preferable.

Message 4 of 5

Create multiple filled regions with dashed line boundaries.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

That worked! Thank you very much for the idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators