Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete crack modelling

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1762 Views, 9 Replies

Concrete crack modelling

Is there any way i can put concrete crack information in BIM model ? Suppose I have measured the concrete crack, width, length and orientation on site and i want this to be depicted on my model so that it can show on-site condition. Can this be done ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Create in place generic families, draw model lines on surfaces of the concrete, use Comments or add other parameters to describe the damages. Then you can schedule them if need be,

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
constantin.stroescu

I suggest , as ToanDN already said, to use Model Lines and if you want to make a list with all these cracks and there total length , to use Dynamo..as shown in my screencast

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot. This is very helpful. I just have one last question. Can i automate this via API ? I have crack dimensions coming from a python code that i am planning to make which automatically calculates them. I also have a building model in Revit. I want the python program to automatically draw these cracks via API! Do you think it's possible or i can't fully automate the process ?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

do you mean like in this picture is it possible to do that in revit?concret.JPG

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, like the picture would be fine. But need it on the BIM model.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Even i have the same doubt. if you find any way of modelling it please help me as well

Message 8 of 10
Mohamed-Nassar

you can create in place void ? could you try this and tell me your opinion 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler
Message 9 of 10
syman2000

I use model text and it works well.

crack.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 10 of 10
UsualUser
in reply to: syman2000

Could you please explain how you could change a letter to a drawing in the model text?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators