Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Behavior not as I expected.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
643 Views, 8 Replies

Line Behavior not as I expected.

Hi, Is it normal for projection lines to vary in thickness and not change color when set in Object Styles?

I changed the line color (red, green) in different families (Casework, Generic Models) to have a four line-weights (see screen grab). But I have black lines "obscurring" the colored lines (in some places no color is shown). The line color was not visible until the line-weight was increased.

Note different colored line weights next to the black lines.Note different colored line weights next to the black lines.

I've researched this with no success in understanding why the line color/weights behave this way.

I made sure the nested families are the same as the host's, there are no Visibility Graphic line styles applied either.

If you have any insight to help, I would be thankful. 

- John

Revit Version: 19.0.0.405

Build #: 20180216_1515

Video Card: AMD Radeon R7 450

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not understanding your question.  You are showing different line weights occupying the same plane.  If you didn't have colors differentiating the lines, the wider lines would be predominate and there would be no differentiation.  

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Click the + next to Casework, same for Generic Models...other subcategory items may still be set to black.  Edit the family and look at what subcategory each modeled piece is assigned to.  Some casework assign the sides, bottom and front panels to totally different subcategories.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I was expecting every line not cut to project with the same color.
I don’t believe I created different lines on top of the family.

Thank you for helping Barthbradley.

Message 5 of 9
barthbradley

Maybe they aren't on top of each other -- just in close proximity to each other. Turn Thin Lines on and verify.  

TLON.pngTLOFF.png

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I figured it out!

I had silhouettes set in a View Template that seems to have obscured the projection lines.

@barthbradley and @Anonymous thank you for helping. I was getting frustrated.

- John

Message 7 of 9
Corsten.Au

Hi

Try to use default Family template to create families..

in Each family, there are dedicated line types which you may

modify / change..

Complex family will have more options than Generic Model..

Note: The linetypes are overridden by the linetype in the Project..

Generic ModeGeneric ModeCaseworkCaseworkDoorDoor

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 8 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: Corsten.Au

@Corsten.Au: Did you see what turned out to be the culprit? Silhouettes! Never even occurred to me until @Anonymous posted it.  I think I would have been stumped too. I never use Silhouettes.  I think I'm going to challenge my co-workers with that one. If they figure it out right away, I'm going to turn in my Revit credentials!  Ha!  

Great thread @Anonymous! 

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Corsten.Au

Hi Ganesh,

Will do!
I appreciate the guidance.

Respectfully,

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators