Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance after first Sectionpoint

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HE-MJJ
311 Views, 2 Replies

Slow performance after first Sectionpoint

This is what happens when we create a new section in one of our projects.

https://www.screencast.com/t/vKvhbOe0H

This is probably due to the "heavy" linked models we are working in.
Our workstations have enough SSD and Memory space.
I removed the default template from the View Type, but still it's slow.

What we do in this situation, is COPY an existing view. That goes a lot faster.

I can understand it might take a little time for the View to be created after the second point is given, but not to become very slow after the first point is given. That should go fast regardless the complexity of the model. 

We've had this issue with complex models for as lang as I can remember and I would like AutoDesk to fix this in the software and not expect users to do all sorts of cleanup or adjustmens to make the command work properly.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: HE-MJJ

A building section Far Clip Offset is defined by the extent of the whole model which can be influenced by the links as well. That's why copying an existing view can be faster, the Far Clip Offset is likely smaller, closer to the section cut.

One thing I do, with large models, is to create a Detail Section and then change it to a Building Section type. The Detail Section's Far Clip Offset is smaller initially and stays the same when switched to the Building Section type. If the View types are associated with View Templates you can quickly apply whatever settings you prefer (scale etc.) so the Detail type doesn't create any extra work by sketching it first.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3
HE-MJJ
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks for pointing out the Detail Section. The main difference what slows it down is in the hight of the section I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators