Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting plan and door cut

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
583 Views, 5 Replies

Lighting plan and door cut

Hey people,
i have attached 2 images and those two are different lighting plans done by Revit and Autocad. i just wanted know that is there any method to show up the door cut in revit plan(same as autocad drawing)? <<<lighting plan done by duplicating the floor plan>>>>>

i tried but the all the sofit lightings are 3300 level and my door and window top in 2400 level. i have changed the view range and settings but i cannot find a method.??

if drop the cut plan to 2400 then my lights are missing. if i do otherwise door cut will not show up.

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

What about Underlay? 

Wait a minute. Do you mean you are unable to lower the cut plane to cut the doors and show the lights above?  Are you in a RCP Plan?  Something doesn't compute here.  

...never mind. I missed the part where you said you duplicated the floor plan for the lighting plan. You need to create a ceiling plan. If you don't have one already, go to View Tab=>Plan Views to create one.  

Message 3 of 6
ennujozlagam

you can create a plan region in every door and set the view range setting to cut the door. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

...or  just Clipboard Cut all your wire and whatnot, and Paste it to a Ceiling Plan View. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

its very time consuming but it will do nice. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Yeah  it worked but i need the door cuts and light fixtures in plan views not the rcp plans. because there wall lights, floor up light , etc... i have to show them all in the same plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators