Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Display and Phasing

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
PhilvK
807 Views, 20 Replies

Layer Display and Phasing

I am trying to understand what controls layer display in phasing. For example, I wanted to change all linework for New walls to blue, but when I did that under Phase Graphic Overrides, the layers disappeared and the wall is shown only in outline. Does this have something to do with the Phasing Material column?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
ToanDN
in reply to: PhilvK

Change existing phase material to By category.

Message 3 of 21
barthbradley

Why don't you do this via a Rule-Based Filter applied to the View?  Filter Rule = Phase Created. 

NewBlue.png

Message 4 of 21
PhilvK
in reply to: ToanDN

Where? When I select the drop down arrow in the Phasing - Material column, I get the martial's selection list, not an option to select by Category. I am obviously missing something here.

Message 5 of 21
PhilvK
in reply to: barthbradley

Please see my reply to ToanDN about not understanding something.

Message 6 of 21
barthbradley

@PhilvK wrote:

Please see my reply to ToanDN about not understanding something.

Okay.  

Then press the No Material button under Material for New. But this is going to be a global condition.  

Message 7 of 21
PhilvK
in reply to: ToanDN

I'm back to this and struggling with how to change the Phase Material to 'By Category', and figuring where and what setting makes the wall layers disappear when walls are set to existing. Any ideas where to look to figure out what I did?

Message 8 of 21
barthbradley

Phase Material?  You mean under Phasing Graphic Overrides?  If so, there is no BY CATEGORY.   Existing, Demolished, New and Temporary are not Categories.  

...can you elaborate on what you mean by "wall layers disappear"?  Sounds like the View Detail Level is set to Coarse. 

Message 9 of 21
barthbradley

Sounds like your Existing Category is set to "Not Displayed" in the Phase Filter dialog box for the Phase Filter the View is using.  

Not Displayed.png

Message 10 of 21
PhilvK

Your comment about 'coarse' is a good point. All the walls below are from Level 1 to Level 2 at 10' with the cut plane at 4'-0". My questions are:

1.  Why is the 'Existing' wall showing as it would in Coarse detail level, when the view detail level is medium, and

2.  Is there a way to have the Existing wall show in Medium detail level, only in halftone? 

Phasing Question.jpg

Message 11 of 21
barthbradley

Because the Cut Pattern is HIDDEN.  

Message 12 of 21
PhilvK

I thought that too, but when I unhide the cut pattern, the full wall gets filled.

Phasing Question2.jpg

Message 13 of 21
barthbradley

Then set the Material to NO MATERIAL if that's what you want to do. 

Message 14 of 21
PhilvK

Tried that, but can't figure where 'NO MATERIAL' option is to be able to set it.

Message 15 of 21
barthbradley

Actually, why don't you NOT Override Existing at all?  Change Existing to By Category.  

Message 16 of 21
barthbradley

Try this and see if you like it. 

Existing12.png

...but keep in mind that this is a Global Setting. Maybe the better approach is to leave Phase Graphic Overrides alone and Override Graphics in View By Element or By Filter instead. 

Message 17 of 21
ToanDN

@PhilvK wrote:

I'm back to this and struggling with how to change the Phase Material to 'By Category', and figuring where and what setting makes the wall layers disappear when walls are set to existing. Any ideas where to look to

figure out what I did?

By Category means No overrides.

ToanDN_0-1670784376452.png

Or just highlight the material name in the phase overrides and press Delete.

Message 18 of 21
PhilvK

How did you clear all the boxes on the EXISTING line? 

Message 19 of 21
barthbradley

Clear Overrides button. 

...@ bottom left

Message 20 of 21
PhilvK

Thank you, thank you !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators